winterizing

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives winterizing

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have a separate small building that is not heated. It contains a shower, sink and toilet. The building is down-gradient from the main house, about 40 feet away. Hot and cold pipes run from the main house downhill to the unheated building. There are shutoff valves inside the main house near the pipe exits, and faucets in the pipes just outside the main building, just before they go underground. How should I winterize? Winters get quite cold as we are located on an island off the coast of Rhode Island. Appreciate referrals to any articles that would tell me how to get all of the water out of all pipes and fixtures.

Participant

: I have a separate small building that is not heated. It contains a shower, sink and toilet. The building is down-gradient from the main house, about 40 feet away. : Hot and cold pipes run from the main house downhill to the unheated building. There are shutoff valves inside the main house near the pipe exits, and faucets in the pipes just outside the main building, just before they go underground. : How should I winterize? Winters get quite cold as we are located on an island off the coast of Rhode Island. : Appreciate referrals to any articles that would tell me how to get all of the water out of all pipes and fixtures.Your separate hous is downhill . So close your shutoff valves , open all taps in the seperate house and blow out the water by disconecting the fittings next to the shutoff-valves Or use a so called compressor .(air compressing machine)I hope this is what you wanted as an answer , Im a DUTCH teacher of plumbing in the Netherlands so if my English is bad , sorry!.Greating Peter Tamerus

Participant

Peter Tamerus,I am having the same trouble as you are. I have purchased a house. Do to harvest I will not have time to move into it but I would like to winterize it also. If you have any information on how to winterize it properly please email me.Thank you,Luke Wassom

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This