replacing shower valve stem seats in the wall

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives replacing shower valve stem seats in the wall

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I own a 11 yr old home with valve stems in the shower wall I have tried to remove the seats from in the wall, but it seems I cannot get them out. Is there a way to do this? I was told that the threads are reversed, so I have tried t to do it that way too. I have to change the washer every 5 or 6 days because the seats are tearing the washers up. I have tried the seat stone to smooth them out also, but to no avail. Help!!!

Participant

: I own a 11 yr old home with valve stems in the shower wall : I have tried to remove the seats from in the wall, but it seems I cannot : get them out. Is there a way to do this? I was told that the threads are reversed, so I have tried t : to do it that way too. I have to change the washer every : 5 or 6 days because the seats are tearing the washers up. I have tried the seat stone to smooth them out also, but to no avail. Help!!!Richard, Most seats have standard threads and can be removed with a seat removal tool available at plumbing hardware stores. To see a breakdown of a Price Pfister shower faucet go to: http://www.terrylove.com/pp_3.htm Regards, Terry Love

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This