Bathroom tile replacement

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Bathroom tile replacement

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Avatar photoMichael G. Giacomelli

The tiles in my shower recently fell out to expose wet wall board behind. I feel the window in the shower is the culprit since the entire wall will need to be replaced. The question is, I am a first time homeowner with little experience in the home improvement area: Do I get rid of the window completely? Do I hang new tile or go with an insert above the tub? Should I buy a book? Please advise!!

Participant

: The tiles in my shower recently fell out to expose wet wall board behind. I feel the window in the shower is the culprit since the entire wall will need to be replaced. The question is, I am a first time homeowner with little experience in the home improvement area: Do I get rid of the window completely? Do I hang new tile or go with an insert above the tub? Should I buy a book? Please advise!!Dear Marti,Keep the window. With windows, a very good product is cultured marble. The marble is made for each job, cut on the job with very few seams, only in the corners and sealed with silicone. For best results, remove all of the old tile, install new greenboard, then the new marble.This job can also be done with tile using a good quality backer board like Durock, Wonderboard and some others. With tile, it is the job underneath the tile that makes the difference.If you do the job yourself, by all means buy a book! Be prepared to spend a bit more time than you would think.Best regards, Terry Love

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This