Leaking Moen Cartridge

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Leaking Moen Cartridge

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I purchased a new home (4 years ago) and specified a moen tub/shower fixture for both bathrooms. While the one in the master bedroom has been trouble free I have had to replace the cartridge in the spare bedroom twice after first replacing the washers etc.. It still continues to leak. What can I do to fix this problem

Participant

: I purchased a new home (4 years ago) and specified a moen tub/shower fixture for both bathrooms. While the one in the master bedroom has been trouble free I have had to replace the cartridge in the spare bedroom twice after first replacing the washers etc.. It still continues to leak. What can I do to fix this problemRobert,When replacing a Moen cartridge, use the white plastic tool that comes with the new cartridge to insert it into the faucet. The Moen is one of my favorites. Warranty information can be seen at: http://www.moen.com/warranty.htmlRegards, Terry

Participant

: : : I purchased a new home (4 years ago) and specified a moen tub/shower fixture for both bathrooms. While the one in the master bedroom has been trouble free I have had to replace the cartridge in the spare bedroom twice after first replacing the washers etc.. It still continues to leak. What can I do to fix this problem: Robert,: When replacing a Moen cartridge, use the white plastic tool that comes with the new cartridge to insert it into the faucet. The Moen is one of my favorites. Warranty information can be seen at: : http://www.moen.com/warranty.html: Regards, : Terry

Participant

: : : I purchased a new home (4 years ago) and specified a moen tub/shower fixture for both bathrooms. While the one in the master bedroom has been trouble free I have had to replace the cartridge in t

Participant

I just completed a master bath remodel utilzing a Posi-Temp Moen shower faucet. I installed the manifold and removed the cartridge before sweating any pipes. I flushed the system prior to re-installing the cartridge. After re-assembly I tested the system. I had a lfriend, who is a licensed plumber check the system for me prior to installing the rest of the shower. It appeared to work properly. The bathroom was then completed. After the first shower, I noticed that water dripped out of the shower head when the faucet was in the off position. I replaced the cartridge at a cost of $46.00 and returned the cartridge I purchased in the first place. The shower head still leaks. At this point I am aboslutely disappointed and would never purchase another Moen product. It seems I will have to remove the entire shower and replace the manifold. This time with a Delta or a Kohler. Any suggestions prior to me undertaking this enormous task? : : :

Participant

: That white hex doesnt work, or am i doing something wrong? : : I purchased a new home (4 years ago) and specified a moen tub/shower fixture for both bathrooms. While the one in the master bedroom has been trouble free I have had to replace the cartridge in the spare bedroom twice after first replacing the washers etc.. It still continues to leak. What can I do to fix this problem : Robert, : When replacing a Moen cartridge, use the white plastic tool that comes with the new cartridge to insert it into the faucet. The Moen is one of my favorites. Warranty information can be seen at: : http://www.moen.com/warranty.html : Regards, : Terry

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This