Replacing Toilet

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Replacing Toilet

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I am undecided about whether to replace the toilet while remodeling my bathroom. The house was built in February 1977 and has the normal looking toilet for that time. The toilet has some stains and it would be nice to have a new one to be new like the rest of the bathroom. I have two questions concerning the new water efficient toilets, here they are: 1. Will the water efficient toilets fit the same flange and outlet and fit into the same space by the wall or will I need to move the flange outlet. From the wall to the center of the outlet hole is 11, the outlet inside diameter is 3. 2. Will I be able to use the same inlet pipe rough-in or will it need to be moved.. Thank you for considering this question. Leon Max Powell

Participant

: I am undecided about whether to replace the toilet while remodeling my bathroom. The house was built in February 1977 and has the normal looking toilet for that time. The toilet has some stains and it would be nice to have a new one to be new like the rest of the bathroom. I have two questions concerning the new water efficient toilets, here they are: : 1. Will the water efficient toilets fit the same flange and outlet and fit into the same space by the wall or will I need to move the flange outlet. From the wall to the center of the outlet hole is 11, the outlet inside diameter is 3. : 2. Will I be able to use the same inlet pipe rough-in or will it need to be moved.. : Thank you for considering this question. : Leon Max PowellYou should be able to use the exsisting rough in for your new toilet. However, the new 1.6 gpf models may not give you the performance the 3.5gpf that you now have does. Thanks to the Feds. this is what were stuck with. I find a courtesy flush while you are still sitting works well though.

Participant

: I am undecided about whether to replace the toilet while remodeling my bathroom. The house was built in February 1977 and has the normal looking toilet for that time. The toilet has some stains and it would be nice to have a new one to be new like the rest of the bathroom. I have two questions concerning the new water efficient toilets, here they are: : 1. Will the water efficient toilets fit the same flange and outlet and fit into the same space by the wall or will I need to move the flange outlet. From the wall to the center of the outlet hole is 11, the outlet inside diameter is 3. : 2. Will I be able to use the same inlet pipe rough-in or will it need to be moved.. : Thank you for considering this question. : Leon Max PowellMost toilets are designed for a 12 rough-in from the wall, Sometimes the toilet can be shifted 1/2 forward if the rough-in is too close. Standard drain sizes for toilets are 3 and 4Here is a good link on toiletsRegards, Terry Love

Participant

: I am undecided about whether to replace the toilet while remodeling my bathroom. The house was built in February 1977 and has the normal looking toilet for that time. The toilet has some stains and it would be nice to have a new one to be new like the rest of the bathroom. I have two questions concerning the new water efficient toilets, here they are: : 1. Will the water efficient toilets fit the same flange and outlet and fit into the same space by the wall or will I need to move the flange outlet. From the wall to the center of the outlet hole is 11, the outlet inside diameter is 3. : 2. Will I be able to use the same inlet pipe rough-in or will it need to be moved.. : Thank you for considering this question. : Leon Max Powell

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This