drainage stack

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives drainage stack

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

We currently have the drain pipe from our bathtub and sink going into the drain pipe from the toilet before it connects to the main drainage stack. Im pretty sure this is not acceptable. We are going to change this and connect the tub and sink drain pipes directly to the stack. I was wondering if the tub and sink pipes are required to be connected to the main stack above the toilet connection. Also, we are thinking of setting up a sewer pump in the basement so we can add a bathroom in the basement. Are there any special requirements as to where this pipe should connect to the main stack?

Ted-Why do you think this isnt legal. As long as waste goes down and the tub and sink are revented I think its fine.Bill Conner

: We currently have the drain pipe from our bathtub and sink going into the drain pipe from the toilet before it connects to the main drainage stack. Im pretty sure this is not acceptable. We are going to change this and connect the tub and sink drain pipes directly to the stack. I was wondering if the tub and sink pipes are required to be connected to the main stack above the toilet connection. Also, we are thinking of setting up a sewer pump in the basement so we can add a bathroom in the basement. Are there any special requirements as to where this pipe should connect to the main stack?As long as the fixtures are vented properly it will be fine. Whether the drains connect on the vertical or horizontal does not matter. Check out http://www.terrylove.com/faq.htm#ventRegards, Terry Love

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This