Bathtub drain stoppers

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Bathtub drain stoppers

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Okay, Ive got this bathtub drain stopper, where you push a metal tab UP to close the drain, and DOWN to open the drain.I have begged, I have pleaded, I have taken it apart and sprayed it with WD-40, but I cant get the drain to close.Any suggestions???

Participant

: Okay, Ive got this bathtub drain stopper, where you : push a metal tab UP to close the drain, and DOWN to : open the drain.: I have begged, I have pleaded, I have taken it apart and : sprayed it with WD-40, but I cant get the drain to : close.: Any suggestions???If you remove the two screws that hold the overflow plate, the linkage and plate can be removed and adjusted. Near where the linkage is attached to the lever will be a way to adjust how far the bucket will drop to close off water from the tub.Best Regards, Terry Love

Participant

: : : Okay, Ive got this bathtub drain stopper, where you : : push a metal tab UP to close the drain, and DOWN to : : open the drain.: : I have begged, I have pleaded, I have taken it apart and : : sprayed it with WD-40, but I cant get the drain to : : close.: : Any suggestions???: If you remove the two screws that hold the overflow plate, the linkage and plate can be removed and adjusted. Near where the linkage is attached to the lever will be a way to adjust how far the bucket will drop to close off water from the tub.: Best Regards, : Terry Love

Participant

: : : Okay, Ive got this bathtub drain stopper, where you : : push a metal tab UP to close the drain, and DOWN to : : open the drain.: : I have begged, I have pleaded, I have taken it apart and : : sprayed it with WD-40, but I cant get the drain to : : close.: : Any suggestions???: If you remove the two screws that hold the overflow plate, the linkage and plate can be removed and adjusted. Near where the linkage is attached to the lever will be a way to adjust how far the bucket will drop to close off water from the tub.: Best Regards, : Terry Love

Participant

: : : : : : Okay, Ive got this bathtub drain stopper, where you : : : push a metal tab UP to close the drain, and DOWN to : : : open the drain.: : : I have begged, I have pleaded, I have taken it apart and : : : sprayed it with WD-40, but I cant get the drain to : : : close.: : : Any suggestions???: : If you remove the two screws that hold the overflow plate, the linkage and plate can be removed and adjusted. Near where the linkage is attached to the lever will be a way to adjust how far the bucket will drop to close off water from the tub.: : Best Regards, : : Terry Love

Participant

: Okay, Ive got this bathtub drain stopper, where you : push a metal tab UP to close the drain, and DOWN to : open the drain.: I have begged, I have pleaded, I have taken it apart and : sprayed it with WD-40, but I cant get the drain to : close.: Any suggestions??? Pull your head out of your ass and get a real job!

Participant

I have the opposite problem. My stopper wont stay open.I cant find any obvious adjustment where you describe, although the picture you included seems to resemble my installation.Thanks in advance.: : : Okay, Ive got this bathtub drain stopper, where you : : push a metal tab UP to close the drain, and DOWN to : : open the drain.: : I have begged, I have pleaded, I have taken it apart and : : sprayed it with WD-40, but I cant get the drain to : : close.: : Any suggestions???: If you remove the two screws that hold the overflow plate, the linkage and plate can be removed and adjusted. Near where the linkage is attached to the lever will be a way to adjust how far the bucket will drop to close off water from the tub.: Best Regards, : Terry Love

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This