Hot Hot Water Heater

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Hot Hot Water Heater

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

One morning my condo water heater did not produce hot water. I pushed the reset button and I heard a hissing sound like there was water running. I was told by the 1st floor unit that I would have to reset it about 2x in 3 months. I thought everything was working till this morning I turned the hot water all the way and tested; it was 170 degrees F. The temp setting is between A and B. I shut the power off and dont know what to do. Do you think I need to reset it because it got to hot and I need a new Themostat? Any other suggestions. Thanks

Participant

: One morning my condo water heater did not produce hot water. I pushed the reset button and I heard a hissing sound like there was water running. I was told by the 1st floor unit that I would have to reset it about 2x in 3 months. I thought everything was working till this morning I turned the hot water all the way and tested; it was 170 degrees F. The temp setting is between A and B. I shut the power off and dont know what to do. Do you think I need to reset it because it got to hot and I need a new Themostat? Any other suggestions. ThanksDefinately check you thermostats. I am assuming you are talking about an electric HWH. In addition, check out your elements (2 elements and 2 thermostats). It is possible that 1 element (bottom) needs to be replaced. This will especially be true if you only have hot water for a short time.

Participant

: One morning my condo water heater did not produce hot water. I pushed the reset button and I heard a hissing sound like there was water running. I was told by the 1st floor unit that I would have to reset it about 2x in 3 months. I thought everything was working till this morning I turned the hot water all the way and tested; it was 170 degrees F. The temp setting is between A and B. I shut the power off and dont know what to do. Do you think I need to reset it because it got to hot and I need a new Themostat? Any other suggestions. ThanksYou can always call G&R Plumbing in Mt Carmel (45244). Chuck or Bob can fix that problem easily.

Participant

John Thomas is a sweet lil boi

Participant

John Thomas is a sweet lil boi

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This