Dishwasher and air vent

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Dishwasher and air vent

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

This may not be the right place to ask this question, but I just installed a new dishwasher and I am getting, it seems, a lot of water or spray in the air vent which in turn leaks onto my counter top. I have cleaned the vent vent but it still leaks. I was careful in installing the drain line but it may be the problem because it does have a short radius (but not kinked).Any advice?John

Participant

: This may not be the right place to ask this question, : but I just installed a new dishwasher and I am getting, : it seems, a lot of water or spray in the air vent which : in turn leaks onto my counter top. I have cleaned the vent : vent but it still leaks. I was careful in installing : the drain line but it may be the problem because it : does have a short radius (but not kinked).: Any advice?: JohnJohn, The 5/8 drain line from the dishwasher will be under pressure from the dishwasher pump. The waste water will be directed straight up in the air gap and then allowed to drain down a 7/8 hose into another drain which could be 1 garbage disposal 2 tailpiec with 5/8 inlet 3 1-1/2 p-trap The 7/8 hose should be free of kinks and clear. Check this first. Some newer dishwashers pump with very good force. Some air gaps are better than others. A fix to the air gap that defeats the purpose of it, would be to remove the chrome cover, and wrap tape around the air slots. Regards, Terry Love

Participant

If the 7/8 drain is slopping perfectly towards and unobstructed drain then if is your air gap. I have seen many cheapy air gaps that give problems. The way to tell is to take that 7/8 hose and disconnect at the lower connection and dump into a bucket. THEN run the dishawasher. IF that solves the problem buy a better air gap.

Participant

: : : This may not be the right place to ask this question, : : but I just installed a new dishwasher and I am getting, : : it seems, a lot of water or spray in the air vent which : : in turn leaks onto my counter top. I have cleaned the vent : : vent but it still leaks. I was careful in installing : : the drain line but it may be the problem because it : : does have a short radius (but not kinked).: : Any advice?: : John: John, : The 5/8 drain line from the dishwasher will be under pressure from the dishwasher pump. The waste water will be directed straight up in the air gap and then allowed to drain down a 7/8 hose into another drain which could be : 1 garbage disposal : 2 tailpiec with 5/8 inlet : 3 1-1/2 p-trap : The 7/8 hose should be free of kinks and clear. Check this first. : Some newer dishwashers pump with very good force. Some air gaps are better than others. A fix to the air gap that defeats the purpose of it, would be to remove the chrome cover, and wrap tape around the air slots. : Regards, : Terry Love

Participant

THANK-YOU ILL TRY IT.

Participant

: : : This may not be the right place to ask this question, : : but I just installed a new dishwasher and I am getting, : : it seems, a lot of water or spray in the air vent which : : in turn leaks onto my counter top. I have cleaned the vent : : vent but it still leaks. I was careful in installing : : the drain line but it may be the problem because it : : does have a short radius (but not kinked).: : Any advice?: : John: John, : The 5/8 drain line from the dishwasher will be under pressure from the dishwasher pump. The waste water will be directed straight up in the air gap and then allowed to drain down a 7/8 hose into another drain which could be : 1 garbage disposal : 2 tailpiec with 5/8 inlet : 3 1-1/2 p-trap : The 7/8 hose should be free of kinks and clear. Check this first. : Some newer dishwashers pump with very good force. Some air gaps are better than others. A fix to the air gap that defeats the purpose of it, would be to remove the chrome cover, and wrap tape around the air slots. : Regards, : Terry LoveHello,Our dishwasher was working just fine until someone mistakenly opened the chrome cover on the air gap and poured the regular dish washing liquid through it. Now every time the dishwasher is operated, water jets out of the air gap flooding our kitchen counter top.Can the regular dish washing liquid clog any pipe? I am at a loss. Please help.Thanks, Suri kitchen coun

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This