RE: Dripping shower head.

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives RE: Dripping shower head.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

My shower head keeps dripping in my sons bathroom. Ive replaced the shower head washer and replaced washers in both the cold and hot water turn-on knob. It still drips from the shower head. When I remove the shower head the water still drips out of the stem. I cant figure out what else to do or what else to replace or look at. Can you please help me? Thank you.

Participant

: My shower head keeps dripping in my sons bathroom. Ive replaced : the shower head washer and replaced washers in both the cold and : hot water turn-on knob. It still drips from the shower head. : When I remove the shower head the water still drips out of the stem. I cant figure out what else to do or what else : to replace or look at. Can you please help me? : Thank you.The shower taps probably need to be reseated. For this you will need a reseating tool. You can get one at your local hardware store or plumbers supply store. The seat of the tap is the part inside that the washers seal up against. That part of the tap can become damaged with age or if a dripping tap is left for too long before being repaired. Your best bet is to ask the person at the store to show you how to use it.Colin

Participant

: My shower head keeps dripping in my sons bathroom. Ive replaced : the shower head washer and replaced washers in both the cold and : hot water turn-on knob. It still drips from the shower head. : When I remove the shower head the water still drips out of the stem. I cant figure out what else to do or what else : to replace or look at. Can you please help me? : Thank you.Colin advice is good about replacing the valve seats. here is a picture Terry Love

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This