Help with mixing valve

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Help with mixing valve

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have a single handle on my shower/tub combo, the water doesnt get hot enough. The temp on the water heater is ok and my other shower has same single handle and the water temp mix is ok. The valve in question is a Moen. I am looking for instruction sheets or whatever in order to take it apart and put it back together correctly. Thanks in advance for your input.

Participant

: I have a single handle on my shower/tub combo, the water doesnt get hot : enough. The temp on the water heater is ok and my other shower has same : single handle and the water temp mix is ok. The valve in question is a : Moen. I am looking for instruction sheets or whatever in order to take : it apart and put it back together correctly. : Thanks in advance for your input.Some of the Moen PosiTemp valves, (the ones that rotate counterclockwise for hot) have water temp stops that can be adjusted by removing the handle and setting the plastic stop to allow more rotation to the left.

Participant

: I have a single handle on my shower/tub combo, the water doesnt get hot : enough. The temp on the water heater is ok and my other shower has same : single handle and the water temp mix is ok. The valve in question is a : Moen. I am looking for instruction sheets or whatever in order to take : it apart and put it back together correctly. : Thanks in advance for your input.Good morning Marie and Ted, Moen has not been part of the Australian scene for some years now, but the description given by Terry sounds a good starting point. The valve is a mixer only and not thermostatically controled but relies on chambers to interact and allow a good mix of hot and cold water. I would suggest however that you consider calling in a plumber who is familiar with Moen, as Terry has suggested via the product information that they are a very big company with many distribution outlets. It may well be that the plumber will come in service or replace some parts and you will have trouble free water for soem time to come. I wish you well with the problem. Regards Colin Dunn

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This