squealing pressure regulator?

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives squealing pressure regulator?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

About six months ago I had a plumber replace the pressure regulator (leaked). Recently a very loud, annoying high pitched squeal comes from the area of the new regulator. I can stop the noise by closing down on the water supply cut-off valve located about a foot upstream, but then the water pressure throughout the house is very low. Pipes are copper as is the supply line to the house. Is there an adjustment that I can make to the regulator to stop the noise, or is this a job for a professional?

Participant

: About six months ago I had a plumber replace the pressure regulator (leaked). Recently a very loud, annoying high pitched squeal comes from the area of the new regulator. I can stop the noise by closing down on the water supply cut-off valve located about a foot upstream, but then the water pressure throughout the house is very low. Pipes are copper as is the supply line to the house. Is there an adjustment that I can make to the regulator to stop the noise, or is this a job for a professional?Don, Good evening, I hope you are well, looking at your enquiry re the regulator and the way in which you can control the noise, seems to me to be one of a couple of things that may be wrong. The first one could be a simple issue of a tap washer in you system that is in need of changing. When the washers wear often this is the time that they set up a screaming noise within the pipe work. So chech the washers within your home, both hot and cold. The second item that may be the problem is the regulator its self. Do you have manufacturers warranty. If so perhaps it is a faulty regulator and the supplier/ manufacturer will change it under some form of limited guarentee? If it is the regulator and not covered under warranty then engage a plumber to refit the new one.Regards Colin Dunn

Participant

: About six months ago I had a plumber replace the pressure regulator (leaked). Recently a very loud, annoying high pitched squeal comes from the area of the new regulator. I can stop the noise by closing down on the water supply cut-off valve located about a foot upstream, but then the water pressure throughout the house is very low. Pipes are copper as is the supply line to the house. Is there an adjustment that I can make to the regulator to stop the noise, or is this a job for a professional?Troubleshooting can be found at the link below Terry Love

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This