Low Water pressure

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Low Water pressure

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

We have a mobile home which appears to have a serious water pressure problem. I have checked the flow rates in side and outside, and found that the outside faucet gives 4 gallons/min, while inside sources give only 1-1.4 gpm. (like taking a shower under a faucet!). We had the unit winterized last winter (slow pump of antifreeze into pipes, and fush out in spring) which coincided with our problem. Our plumber checked for leaks and supposedly flushed out lines for debris but found none. However, given that the outside faucet, which is right next to the water supply cut off, gives ok flows, the problem seems to be inside. However, all the plumber recommended is increasing the incoming water line from 5/8 to 3/4, and perhaps the bathtub feed lines from 3/8 to 1/2. But I fail to see how this could solve the problem. (the plumber also did the winterizing, which makes me wonder…). ANy ideas welcome.

Participant

: We have a mobile home which appears to have a serious : water pressure problem. I have checked the flow rates in : side and outside, and found that the outside faucet gives : 4 gallons/min, while inside sources give only 1-1.4 gpm. : (like taking a shower under a faucet!). We had the unit : winterized last winter (slow pump of antifreeze into pipes, and : fush out in spring) which coincided with our problem. Our : plumber checked for leaks and supposedly flushed out : lines for debris but found none. However, given that the : outside faucet, which is right next to the water supply : cut off, gives ok flows, the problem seems to be inside. : However, all the plumber recommended is increasing the : incoming water line from 5/8 to 3/4, and perhaps the : bathtub feed lines from 3/8 to 1/2. But I fail to see : how this could solve the problem. (the plumber also : did the winterizing, which makes me wonder…). ANy ideas : welcome.Robert, good evening, well I would like know a couple of things when considering your problem, could you please help me. What type of pipe do you have that is supplying the water, how long is the run of pipes from the front tap thta you describe and could you perhaps tell me the name or the make up of the antifreze. I hope this does not prove too dificult for you. I could say that you had a plug of material the residue from the antifreze caught in one of the bends in the pipe work but that might be to harsh of me and unfair on the plumber. Hoping to hear from you Colin Dunn

Participant

: We have a mobile home which appears to have a serious : water pressure problem. I have checked the flow rates in : side and outside, and found that the outside faucet gives : 4 gallons/min, while inside sources give only 1-1.4 gpm. : (like taking a shower under a faucet!). We had the unit : winterized last winter (slow pump of antifreeze into pipes, and : fush out in spring) which coincided with our problem. Our : plumber checked for leaks and supposedly flushed out : lines for debris but found none. However, given that the : outside faucet, which is right next to the water supply : cut off, gives ok flows, the problem seems to be inside. : However, all the plumber recommended is increasing the : incoming water line from 5/8 to 3/4, and perhaps the : bathtub feed lines from 3/8 to 1/2. But I fail to see : how this could solve the problem. (the plumber also : did the winterizing, which makes me wonder…). ANy ideas : welcome.>I have the same problem, except my outside faucet is farther away than the house. >Did you ever find a solution? >Thanks

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This