Hot water heater popping

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Hot water heater popping

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Our hot water heater makes popping sounds. They are pretty loud too. Does this mean it needs some kind of repair?

Participant

: Our hot water heater makes popping sounds. They are pretty loud too. Does this mean it needs some kind of repair?Debbie, good evening, when you say a popping noise are you describing a noise that is like a pop gun, or hands clapping. If this is the case then I think that you need the plumber to look and perhaps replace one of the expansions valves within you hot water system. On the other hand if it is a noise that sounds like movement with the pipes or heater it is very likely expansion and contraction within the hot water system as this happens when hot water passes through the pipes for the first time. That is the pipes have been sittting not being used and then as the hot water passed through the pipes expand. If you are not sure then ask your friendly plumber. Regards Colin Dunn

Participant

: Our hot water heater makes popping sounds. They are pretty loud too. Does this mean it needs some kind of repair?

Participant

: : : Can anyone explain the proper maintenance/repair on a 10 yrs. old 30 gal. gas water heater. Symptoms are…….. 1) sediment (mineral) around valves and alot of sand/sediment left in my dishwasher, especially in cups that have turned over. 2) cracking/popping 3) please advise on the proper way to check if the tank is bad..I have drained it twice, but common sense tells me this wont fix the problem.Thank you Email [email protected]

Participant

: : Our hot water heater makes popping sounds. They are pretty loud too. Does this mean it needs some kind of repair?: Debbie, : good evening, when you say a popping noise are you describing a noise that is like a pop gun, or hands clapping. If this is the case then I think that you need the plumber to look and perhaps replace one of the expansions valves within you hot water system. : On the other hand if it is a noise that sounds like movement with the pipes or heater it is very likely expansion and contraction within the hot water system as this happens when hot water passes through the pipes for the first time. That is the pipes have been sittting not being used and then as the hot water passed through the pipes expand. : If you are not sure then ask your friendly plumber. : Regards : Colin D

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This