Toilet Floor Flange

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Toilet Floor Flange

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I was about to install a toilet in a brand new house, in the basement. I noticed that the floor flange was cemented about 1/4 inch lower than the floor level!Now the toilet bolts dont reach and even the wax seal will not even squish onto the floor flange!What should I do and is that floor flange supposed to be floor level? Now that it has been cemented lower than floor level……..I hope that is enough info for you to help me!Matt

Participant

: I was about to install a toilet in a brand new house, : in the basement. I noticed that the floor flange was : cemented about 1/4 inch lower than the floor level!: Now the toilet bolts dont reach and even the wax seal : will not even squish onto the floor flange!: What should I do and is that floor flange supposed to : be floor level? Now that it has been cemented lower : than floor level……..: I hope that is enough info for you to help me!: MattMatt, Toilet flanges are sometimes at floor level. Most of the time they arent. 95% of the time, either two wax rings or an extra thick one will be needed. If the standard 2-1/4 bolts are too short for the installation, consider the 3-1/2 long bolts and three wax rings. Regards, Terry Love

Participant

I need to install low-flush toilets in my new house and when I removed the first tiolet I found that the floor flange wasnt bolted to the floor. And there is a 1 to 1.5 gap between the foundation (concrete) and the pipe. The question is: Does the floor flange need to be bolted down and if the answer is yes… what do I fill the gap in with?

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This