Hot water in cold position

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Hot water in cold position

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

For a while now, I have had hot water come out when my Moen faucets are in the cold position. Most of the time, if you let it run a while it eventually gets cold. Now, however, I can take a shower in perfect temperature water with the knob in the cold position. Also, one toilet fills with hot water instead of cold. It is an upstairs toilet. Any ideas of how to fix it? Thanx.

Participant

: For a while now, I have had hot water come out when my : Moen faucets are in the cold position. Most of the : time, if you let it run a while it eventually gets : cold. Now, however, I can take a shower in perfect : temperature water with the knob in the cold position. : Also, one toilet fills with hot water instead of cold. : It is an upstairs toilet. Any ideas of how to fix it? : Thanx.Louie, It sounds like there is a mixing valve open that is creating a crossover effect. Check all single handle valves in the home to make sure they are off. Sometimes a home with a roughed-in shower will have a shower head caped off while the valve has been opened allowing the hot water to cross over into the cold side.Regards, Terry

Participant

I have an ail furnace which provides both heat and hot water. However, the water from the shower is not very hot in comparison to other water faucets. What could the problem be, and how could it be resolved?

Participant

: I have an oil furnace which provides both heat and hot water. However, the water from the shower is not very hot in comparison to other water faucets. What could the problem be, and how could it be resolved?

Participant

I have a similar problem, with my shower faucet providing progressively hotter water, the longer it is on (in the cold position). I just bought my house, it is a year old. The faucet worked ok in the beginning and now this problem has arisen. Any ideas on what the problem might be? Im getting tired of scalding hot showers in the summer.: : : For a while now, I have had hot water come out when my : : Moen faucets are in the cold position. Most of the : : time, if you let it run a while it eventually gets : : cold. Now, however, I can take a shower in perfect : : temperature water with the knob in the cold position. : : Also, one toilet fills with hot water instead of cold. : : It is an upstairs toilet. Any ideas of how to fix it? : : Thanx.: Louie, : It sounds like there is a mixing valve open that is creating a crossover effect. Check all single handle valves in the home to make sure they are off. Sometimes a home with a roughed-in shower will have a shower head caped off while the valve has been opened allowing the hot water to cross over into the cold side.: Regards, : Terry

Participant

: : : For a while now, I have had hot water come out when my : : Moen faucets are in the cold position. Most of the : : time, if you let it run a while it eventually gets : : cold. Now, however, I can take a shower in perfect : : temperature water with the knob in the cold position. : : Also, one toilet fills with hot water instead of cold. : : It is an upstairs toilet. Any ideas of how to fix it? : : Thanx.: Louie, : It sounds like there is a mixing valve open that is creating a crossover effect. Check all single handle valves in the home to make sure they are off. Sometimes a home with a roughed-in shower will have a shower head caped off while the valve has been opened allowing the hot water to cross over into the cold side.: Regards, : TerryWell, I have finally replaced all the cartridges in my all my Moen faucets. Now I have a slightly different problem. 1. Fairly often, Ill turn on a faucet and it will spit as if it has air in the pipe. 2. When running the washing machine, about a minute into the fill cycle, the water slows down to a drip. A few seconds later, the pressure switch clicks and the flow resumes as before. This also happened this morning on the shower. 3. It appears the flapper at the bottom of the toilet tank needs replacement. I have all FluidMaster valves and they cycle every few minutes all day long; no more than 5 seconds each time, but still noticable.I am assuming because I now have all new cartridges, the pressure is screwed up? What do I need to do to fix this? Thanx.L

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This