Water pump

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Water pump

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

My water pressure goes up and down with clicking in the little gray box next to the water tank. The pressure goes up to 60, *click* down to 40 *click* and so on and so on. What seems to be the problem. I think I had this problem a few years and it was in that little gray box. Any thoughts? Please e-mail me because I dont know how I found this group. I may never find it again. Thanks, Liz Miller

Participant

Hi,Sounds like you need to recharge the air in the pumps pressure tank / accumulator.There is the pump, the grey box (pressure switch) and there should be a tank attached to the pump / pipework.You need to replace the air in the tank (there should be a car tyre air valve on the tank somewhere – use a compressor / hand pump to replace the air), by turning the electricity supply to the pump off, opening a tap that the pump supplies until water stops flowing or pressure guage on pump reads zero, or drops to near zero, and then recharge the tank to 38psi / 262kpa (2 psi / 13.8kpa below pumps turn on pressure – as viewed on pressure guage).Should solve your problem !Kevin Wright NELSON Fluid Systems Anna Bay 2316 NSW [email protected] =================== : My water pressure goes up and down with clicking in the : little gray box next to the water tank. The pressure goes up : to 60, *click* down to 40 *click* and so on and so on. : What seems to be the problem. I think I had this problem : a few years and it was in that little gray box. Any thoughts? : Please e-mail me because I dont know how I found this group. : I may never find it again. : Thanks, : Liz Miller

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This