Remote Bath

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Remote Bath

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

From:I am building a slab on grade building 38 feet away from my house. My house has a full 8 foot basement, of which about 1 foot is above the ground on the side towards my slab on grade building. My septic system is on the opposite side of the house. I want to put a bath in the slab buiilding. I have very stable soil and it is well drained, so I do not think movement from freezing in the winter will be a problem. My plan is to plumb in the bath in the slab building,and run the drain into the house. I estimate that the pipe will be about 18to 24 inches below ground as it enters the house. At that point I plan to drop down into a sump basin sitting on top of the floor (installed just for this) and then pump it into the existing plumbing which then gravity feeds to the septic. There is an existing vent above this area, so I would be able to tie to that also. The corner where this sump basin would be is out of the way of everything. Actually, it is in a corner of my workshop where I would like to put a laundry tub. There is no drain in this part of the basement, so I figured I could put the sump under the sink and commect the sink drain to it also. What do you think ? Is there a better way to accomplish this ?

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This