Replacing Handles in Tub & Shower

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Replacing Handles in Tub & Shower

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I need to replace the cold and hot water handles in my shower and my tub/shower. The water handles have been off for sometime and we have used pliers to turn the water off and on. The stems have been somewhat “disfigured” from the use of pliers. Is there a way to replace the stems and attach new handles without removing the tile and wall around the pipes? Or is there some other way to do this? (At one time I tried replacing the handles with the adapters that are supposed to make them fit the existing stems. However, that didn’t last for long.) Thanks for any assistance you can give me.

Participant

Yes you can replace just the stems and handles in your shower. No tile work necessary. Remove the stem and go to our website http://www.plumbingpartsdepot.com and see if you can identify what stem you have. If you have any problems call me at 800.448.8977 and we can help. We stock both stems and handles.

Bill

Participant

We are having the same type of problem.We have gotten the valve wrench to remove the stems but they are really stuck?

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This