improperly tiled shower floor

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives improperly tiled shower floor

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

The floor of our small stall shower was recently torn out and then repaired (lead pan, poured concrete, re-tiled). However, the floor is uneven, does not slope towards the drain, and puddles in various places. To repair this job, must the floor be torn out again to the lead pan, refilled with concrete, shaped, and then re-tiled? Or, can the contractor just take up the top layer of tile, add more concrete to shape and then re-tile? Please e-mail me as soon as you can. Im not sure whether to use the same contractor again for this. Obviously payment or non-payment is the issue here. Thank you for your time.

Participant

: The floor of our small stall shower was recently torn : out and then repaired (lead pan, poured concrete, re-tiled). : However, the floor is uneven, does not slope towards : the drain, and puddles in various places. To repair : this job, must the floor be torn out again to the lead : pan, refilled with concrete, shaped, and then re-tiled? : Or, can the contractor just take up the top layer of : tile, add more concrete to shape and then re-tile? Please : e-mail me as soon as you can. Im not sure whether to : use the same contractor again for this. Obviously : payment or non-payment is the issue here. Thank you : for your time.Stacy, Removal of the lead pan should not be needed. The lead pan collects water for the drain. I would suggest removing the floor tile, adding the sand and cement mix to give proper grade and retiling the floor.That should fix the puddling problems.I think it is important that the contractor be allowed to show good faith in the repair of the job. Part of what the contractor sells is experience and a willingness to complete a job in a workmanlike manner. I think you will both be happier if he is allowed to finish the job properly.best regards, Terry

Participant

: The floor of our small stall shower was recently torn : out and then repaired (lead pan, poured concrete, re-tiled). : However, the floor is uneven, does not slope towards : the drain, and puddles in various places. To repair : this job, must the floor be torn out again to the lead : pan, refilled with concrete, shaped, and then re-tiled? : Or, can the contractor just take up the top layer of : tile, add more concrete to shape and then re-tile? Please : e-mail me as soon as you can. Im not sure whether to : use the same contractor again for this. Obviously : payment or non-payment is the issue here. Thank you : for your time.see if the contactor can fix the problem, if not talk to your neighbors to see if they can recommed someone. the concrete floor was not shaped properly toward the drain, remove tile on floor, repour concrete floor shape towards drain, when dry put some water on the concrete to see where the low spots are, you can use the tile clue to make up for any low spots when installing the floor

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This