Leaky Bathtub faucet

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Leaky Bathtub faucet

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I have a bathtub with a hot and cold faucet. Even with the most forceful of turns will not stop the leak. i have removed the decorative caps on the faucets but there are no more nuts to undo. How can I find the O rings to replace?

Participant

: I have a bathtub with a hot and cold faucet. Even with the most forceful of turns will not stop the leak. i have removed the decorative caps on the faucets but there are no more nuts to undo. How can I find the O rings to replace?Jim, I need to ask you what the brand name of the faucet is. also is it a one, two, or three handle faucet? Terry Love

Participant

: I have a bathtub with a hot and cold faucet. Even with the most forceful of turns will not stop the leak. i have removed the decorative caps on the faucets but there are no more nuts to undo. How can I find the O rings to replace?Jim, A standard three handle tub valve has valve stems that can be removed with socket type wrenches. These wrenches are similar to the wrenches used to remove water heater elements. To see where the wrench would fit would require removal of the chrome escheons behind the knobs. There will also be a bonnet packing nut. Removal of the packing nut will not help in replacing the washers or seats. Once the valve stems are out, the seats and the valve washers can be replaced. A valve seat wrench should be on hand to remove the seats so that both valve stems and valve seats can be brought to a plumbing parts store to match up for correct replacement. This will consume a good part of the day with no running water in the home until the job is complete. Regards, Terry Love

Participant

: : : I have a bathtub with a hot and cold faucet. Even with the most forceful of turns will not stop the leak. i have removed the decorative caps on the faucets but there are no more nuts to undo. How can I find the O rings to replace?: Jim, : I need to ask you what the brand name of the faucet is. also is it a one, two, or three handle faucet? : Terry Love

Participant

I have a bathtub that has rusty iron screws in the hot & cold knobs, and I cant remove them. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Participant

: : i have a delex brand faucet in the shower.recently i replaced the stopper,the spout,and removed the knob for the water control. i still have that small dripping. i took the cap off and there are no other screws to remove. what do i do now?

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This