replacing galvnized pipe in old house

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives replacing galvnized pipe in old house

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I am looking for information on the effect replacing galvanized pipe with copper pipe would have on resale value. How much of the cost could I expect to recoup at resale time? Thanks

Participant

: I am looking for information on the effect replacing galvanized pipe with copper pipe would have on resale value. How much of the cost could I expect to recoup at resale time? Thanks Cyndi, That is a good question. Replacing old low flow galv pipes with copper pipes in a home is one of my favorite jobs. I enjoy doing something for people that that creates improvement in their lifestyle. Galv pipes have a useful life of about 40 years before the effects of clogged and restricted pipes make homeowners wish for something new and easier to maintain. A home properly plumbed allows three of four bathrooms to be used at the same time. No more waiting to flush a toilet because someone is in the shower or radical changes in temperature while the clothes washer fills up. My guess as to the added resale value with the replacement of old galv pipes with copper pipes would be that most home buyers wouldnt notice something of that nature as much as they would notice new paint. This is the type of improvement that you would notice from actual use but is not a visually hot sales item. Regards, Terry Love

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This