bathroom remodeling

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives bathroom remodeling

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

we are installing a whirlpool tub and must move both the sink and toilet over to accomodate it. Any helpful hints for moving drains, stacks, and installing this tub? We have basic ideas, but I was looking for some helpful hints to insure success.

Participant

: we are installing a whirlpool tub and must move both the sink and toilet over to accomodate it. Any helpful hints for moving drains, stacks, and installing this tub? We have basic ideas, but I was looking for some helpful hints to insure success. Cathy, That is a pretty big question. My first suggestion would be to call in a licensed plumber to relocate the waste and vents in the bathroom. Every fixture will need a vent to assure proper draining. I have seen many a handiman job that left out the vent to the jetted tub which later results in calls to a plumber to snake a drain that inherently wont drain well. Trap arm lengths (from wier of trap to vent) 1-1/2 … 42 2…………60 3………..72 4……….120 http://www.terrylove.com/faq.htm#ventA plumber will know which fittings will be needed to adapt to the existing plumbing. Some older cast iron plumbing jobs can be plumbed using larger pipes than existing with the use of tyseal rubber hub bushings. As often as possible I like to replace 1-1/2 drains with 2. The trap arm and p-trap for the tub will be 1-1/2The jetted tub pump motor should have at least a 15 amp GFI circuit of its own.Good Luck with the job, Terry Love

Participant

: we are installing a whirlpool tub and must move both the sink and toilet over to accomodate it. Any helpful hints for moving drains, stacks, and installing this tub? We have basic ideas, but I was looking for some helpful hints to insure success.

Participant

: we are installing a whirlpool tub and must move both the sink and toilet over to accomodate it. Any helpful hints for moving drains, stacks, and installing this tub? We have basic ideas, but I was looking for some helpful hints to insure success.

Participant

I just purchased a 20 yr old home. I dont know what the tub is made of – it appears to be some type of hard plastic???? Well, the color is horrible and so is the toilet. Is there any way to color/cover this type of material without the expense of replacing the actual tub and toilet???

Participant

: we are installing a whirlpool tub and must move both the sink and toilet over to accomodate it. Any helpful hints for moving drains, stacks, and installing this tub? We have basic ideas, but I was looking for some helpful hints to insure success.Refinish you existing tub or tile, Dont replace it. Saves at least 70% vs replacement. Change your tub or tile to any color you want. Call 800-773-7336 and ask for Phil or Robert or check out our homepage listed below.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This