Flush Test

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Flush Test

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I know this may sound dumb, but has a standard been set for the amount of waste that can be successfully flushed down a toilet. By that I mean, should 6 feet of toilet paper flush ok, how about 10 feet, etc.I have a new home and two toilets. Both stop up at the slightest hesitation. The builders plumber has been out, removed and re-seated the toilets and routed (checked the sewer pipes from each toilet to the street – no problems. I know that new toilets use less water, however shouldt they still work?Thanks, Bill

Participant

: I know this may sound dumb, but has a standard been set for the amount of waste that can be successfully flushed down a toilet. By that I mean, should 6 feet of toilet paper flush ok, how about 10 feet, etc.: I have a new home and two toilets. Both stop up at the slightest hesitation. The builders plumber has been out, removed and re-seated the toilets and routed (checked the sewer pipes from each toilet to the street – no problems. I know that new toilets use less water, however shouldt they still work?: Thanks, BillBill, You may want to check the article that Consumer Reports did on toilets http://www.terrylove.com/crtoilet.htm The 1.6 GPF that is the current toilet on the market is not based on what works, but on how much water could be saved. Some toilets work better than others. Regards, Terry Love

Participant

Why not keep your old large volume toilet and use the ONE TWO FLUSH @ 12flush .com

Participant

: : : I know this may sound dumb, but has a standard been set for the amount of waste that can be successfully flushed down a toilet. By that I mean, should 6 feet of toilet paper flush ok, how about 10 feet, etc.: : I have a new home and two toilets. Both stop up at the slightest hesitation. The builders plumber has been out, removed and re-seated the toilets and routed (checked the sewer pipes from each toilet to the street – no problems. I know that new toilets use less water, however shouldt they still work?: : Thanks, Bill: Bill, : You may want to check the article that Consumer Reports did on toilets : http://www.terrylove.com/crtoilet.htm : The 1.6 GPF that is the current toilet on the market is not based on what works, but on how much water could be saved. Some toilets work better than others. : Regards, : Terry Love

Participant

Youre right. The government set a policy, the manufacturers tried, and the public is mad. The intent was good but misguided. Manufacturers had to respond to a bad policy. They are trying, but not successfully so far. In a few years, maybe they will be able to design a 1.6 that works. In the meantime, you can drive to Canada and purchase a 3.5 gpf. You may find one by advertising. Or look for older homes for sale and have a plumber exchange your brand new toilets for the old ones, and replace the guts with new. The home seller will have new fixtures, and youll have a toilet that works! Rusty

Participant

: Youre right. The government set a policy, the manufacturers tried, and the public is mad. The intent was good but misguided. Manufacturers had to respond to a bad policy. They are trying, but not successfully so far. In a few years, maybe they will be able to design a 1.6 that works. In the meantime, you can drive to Canada and purchase a 3.5 gpf. You may find one by advertising. Or look for older homes for sale and have a plumber exchange your brand new toilets for the old ones, and replace the guts with new. The home seller will have new fixtures, and youll have a toilet that works! Rusty

Participant

Possibly you have not seen nor tried all of the 1.6 gallon toilets. Toto makes several 1.6 toilets that out perform even the old 3.5 gallon toilets. As someone that has been in the plumbing industry for over 20 years, I share your concern for a toilet that works. However, going to Canada and buying a 3.5 gallon toilet is not only illegal, options are available in 1.6 GPF that are better. Talk to your local plumbing supplier about Totos line of toilets or visit their web site at Toto.com.Bob

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This