Price-Pfister faucet s in church kindergarten

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Price-Pfister faucet s in church kindergarten

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

The kids seemingly cant turn the Price Pfister single valve faucets in the restroom off sufficiently, and the leak increases. Now, after replacing valve seat, stem and washer, and putting it together with teflon tape, I cant stop the drip (both hot and cold, both sinks). What am I doing wrong? What would be a good replacement unit for kids? Delta? Im not a plumber, just a volunteer handyman trying to keep things patched up at the church. This one has me stymied. Thanks for any support. Paul

Participant

: The kids seemingly cant turn the Price Pfister single valve faucets in the restroom off sufficiently, and the leak increases. Now, after replacing valve seat, stem and washer, and putting it together with teflon tape, I cant stop the drip (both hot and cold, both sinks). What am I doing wrong? What would be a good replacement unit for kids? Delta? Im not a plumber, just a volunteer handyman trying to keep things patched up at the church. This one has me stymied. : Thanks for any support. : PaulPaul, Try removing and replacing the parts you replaced, but this time try pipe dope (some form of paste sealant, some come with telflon mixed in ) instead of teflon tape. It is very common with teflon tape to have a strand hanging out into the seat area of the faucet preventing the seal from having complete contact with the valve seat. The Delta single handle is a easy commercial faucet for kids, as is Gerber. Regards, Terry Love

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This