foundation drainage

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives foundation drainage

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 27 years ago by Avatar photoKane Scott.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Ive been searching for info about properly constructing a dry well to handle the drainage from my foundation weeping tiles. The existing foundation drainage does not connect to the sewer system but simply drains into a small hole (about a foot deep) in my driveway. OK for small gentle showers but when it RAINS it fills, then the foundation drainpipe fills, and eventually it gets into the basement.

Participant

: Ive been searching for info about properly constructing a dry well to handle the drainage from my foundation weeping tiles. The existing foundation drainage does not connect to the sewer system but simply drains into a small hole (about a foot deep) in my driveway. OK for small gentle showers but when it RAINS it fills, then the foundation drainpipe fills, and eventually it gets into the basement. Kane, A drywell is a large hole in the ground that will hold the runoff from the roof. Dig with a backhoe and fill with 1-1/2 washed rock. Cover with landscape fabric, then a thin layer of dirt.Most places dont allow storm water into the public sewers. It is nice when storm drains are provided also. Large developments here are now required to provide their own retention ponds for storm runoff.Regards, Terry Love

Participant

: Ive been searching for info about properly constructing a dry well to handle the drainage from my foundation weeping tiles. The existing foundation drainage does not connect to the sewer system but simply drains into a small hole (about a foot deep) in my driveway. OK for small gentle showers but when it RAINS it fills, then the foundation drainpipe fills, and eventually it gets into the basement. Kane, A drywell is a large hole in the ground that will hold the runoff from the roof. Dig with a backhoe and fill with 1-1/2 washed rock. Cover with landscape fabric, then a thin layer of dirt.Most places dont allow storm water into the public sewers. It is nice when storm drains are provided also. Large developments here are now required to provide their own retention ponds for storm runoff.Regards, Terry Love

Participant

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This