Hot water heater expansion tank

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Hot water heater expansion tank

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I have just installed a new gas hot water heater. I intend to install a thermal expansion tank. The easiest place to install it is directly above the cold water inlet on the heater. I am concerened that hot water will migrate up into the tank. Will this be a problem? Should I put a loop to force the hot water to be lower than the heater inlet? The inlet and outlet pipes come out of the wall directly to the top of the heater. Thanks for the help

Participant

: I have just installed a new gas hot water heater. : I intend to install a thermal expansion tank. The : easiest place to install it is directly above the cold : water inlet on the heater. I am concerened that hot : water will migrate up into the tank. Will this be a : problem? Should I put a loop to force the hot water : to be lower than the heater inlet? The inlet and : outlet pipes come out of the wall directly to the top : of the heater. Thanks for the helpRuss, Putting the expansion tank off of the cold water supply to the water heater will be fine. Make sure that the tank is well supported. When the expansion tank fills with water it will gain considerable weight. Regards, Terry Love

Participant

: I have just installed a new gas hot water heater. : I intend to install a thermal expansion tank. The : easiest place to install it is directly above the cold : water inlet on the heater. I am concerened that hot : water will migrate up into the tank. Will this be a : problem? Should I put a loop to force the hot water : to be lower than the heater inlet? The inlet and : outlet pipes come out of the wall directly to the top : of the heater. Thanks for the helpRuss, Putting the expansion tank off of the cold water supply to the water heater will be fine. Make sure that the tank is well supported. When the expansion tank fills with water it will gain considerable weight. Regards, Terry Love

Participant

Participant

Do hot water expansion tanks require any kind of preventive maintenance?

Participant

Participant

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This