Adjusting the pressure to refill the toilet tank

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Adjusting the pressure to refill the toilet tank

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 27 years ago by Avatar photoJoe.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Two days ago my toilet tank began not filling right away after flushing. It is quiet for a while, and then it begins to fill VERY slowly, taking a long time to fill all the way. Is there an easy way for me to readjust the water pressure, if that is indeed the problem? Or do I need to call a plumber?Thank you.Marta Nammack

Participant

: Two days ago my toilet tank began not filling right away after flushing. : It is quiet for a while, and then it begins to fill VERY : slowly, taking a long time to fill all the way. Is there an : easy way for me to readjust the water pressure, if that is : indeed the problem? Or do I need to call a plumber?: Thank you.: Marta NammackMarta, The fill valve probably is filled with debrie. The fill valves with the rod and ball can be repaired by taking apart the top part of the valve and running some water through. Before taking apart the valve, shut off the water supply below the toilet. I keep my hand over the top of the fill valve when I turn some water on the keep the water from shooting up into the air. Just a little water will flush out the culprit. Reassemble, turn water back on.a good toilet repair link is http://www.toiletology.com

Participant

: Two days ago my toilet tank began not filling right away after flushing. : It is quiet for a while, and then it begins to fill VERY : slowly, taking a long time to fill all the way. Is there an : easy way for me to readjust the water pressure, if that is : indeed the problem? Or do I need to call a plumber?: Thank you.: Marta NammackMarta, The fill valve probably is filled with debrie. The fill valves with the rod and ball can be repaired by taking apart the top part of the valve and running some water through. Before taking apart the valve, shut off the water supply below the toilet. I keep my hand over the top of the fill valve when I turn some water on the keep the water from shooting up into the air. Just a little water will flush out the culprit. Reassemble, turn water back on.a good toilet repair link is http://www.toiletology.com

Participant

: : : Two days ago my toilet tank began not filling right away after flushing. : : It is quiet for a while, and then it begins to fill VERY : : slowly, taking a long time to fill all the way. Is there an : : easy way for me to readjust the water pressure, if that is : : indeed the problem? Or do I need to call a plumber?: : Thank you.: : Marta Nammack: Marta, : The fill valve probably is filled with debrie. The fill valves with the rod and ball can be repaired by taking apart the top part of the valve and running some water through. Before taking apart the valve, shut off the water supply below the toilet. I keep my hand over the top of the fill valve when I turn some water on the keep the water from shooting up into the air. Just a little water will flush out the culprit. Reassemble, turn water back on.: a good toilet repair link is : http://www.toiletology.com

Participant

: : : Two days ago my toilet tank began not filling right away after flushing. : : It is quiet for a while, and then it begins to fill VERY : : slowly, taking a long time to fill all the way. Is there an : : easy way for me to readjust the water pressure, if that is : : indeed the problem? Or do I need to call a plumber?: : Thank you.: : Marta Nammack: Marta, : The fill valve probably is filled with debrie. The fill valves with the rod and ball can be repaired by taking apart the top part of the valve and running some water through. Before taking apart the valve, shut off the water supply below the toilet. I keep my hand over the top of the fill valve when I turn some water on the keep the water from shooting up into the air. Just a little water will flush out the culprit. Reassemble, turn water back on.: a good toilet repair link is : http://www.toiletology.com

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This