Toilet leaking

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Toilet leaking

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 27 years ago by Avatar photoJohn Duncan.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I just bought a house and the basement has a leaky toilet. After investigation I discovered that it was from the bolts that connect the bowl to the tank. I bought a repair kit from a hardware store that had a new rubber ring. I replaced the bolts and that fixed that particular leak but now it leaks around where the ring is. Any suggestions?

Participant

: I just bought a house and the basement has a leaky : toilet. After investigation I discovered that it was : from the bolts that connect the bowl to the tank. I : bought a repair kit from a hardware store that had a new rubber : ring. I replaced the bolts and that fixed that particular : leak but now it leaks around where the ring is. Any suggestions? John,First I would check with a Plumbing parts supply outfit that specializes in repair parts for the make and model of the toilet you have. Replace the rubber seal your tank, check to see if the tank has a crack. If the tank is OK, I sometimes use silicone at the seal. also check out http://www.toiletology.comRegards, Terry Love

Participant

: I just bought a house and the basement has a leaky : toilet. After investigation I discovered that it was : from the bolts that connect the bowl to the tank. I : bought a repair kit from a hardware store that had a new rubber : ring. I replaced the bolts and that fixed that particular : leak but now it leaks around where the ring is. Any suggestions? John,First I would check with a Plumbing parts supply outfit that specializes in repair parts for the make and model of the toilet you have. Replace the rubber seal your tank, check to see if the tank has a crack. If the tank is OK, I sometimes use silicone at the seal. also check out http://www.toiletology.comRegards, Terry Love

Participant

i recently purchased an eljer toilet and it has a constant leak in it. it appears to be the flapper. i have replaced it but to no avail. water is still leaking. if i put weight on the flapper it stops. whats the solution?

Participant

i recently purchased an eljer toilet and it has a constant leak in it. it appears to be the flapper. i have replaced it but to no avail. water is still leaking. if i put weight on the flapper it stops. whats the solution?

Participant

The seal that seals the flush valve to the tank may be leaking. If your putting pressure on the flapper and that stops the leak, then the flapper is defective. Replace the flapper. This did not fix the problem so I would be looking at the seat where the flapper sets. you may have a cracked flush valve seat. You will need to replace the flush valve. Eljer will be glad to send you the parts under warranty. Call me at 1-800423-5537 ext 2145. I am the regional sales manager for the southwest. I will be glad to send an expert to look at you toilet no charge. : i recently purchased an eljer toilet and it has a constant leak in it. it appears to be the flapper. i have replaced it but to no avail. water is still leaking. if i put weight on the flapper it stops. whats the solution?

Participant

The seal that seals the flush valve to the tank may be leaking. If your putting pressure on the flapper and that stops the leak, then the flapper is defective. Replace the flapper. This did not fix the problem so I would be looking at the seat where the flapper sets. you may have a cracked flush valve seat. You will need to replace the flush valve. Eljer will be glad to send you the parts under warranty. Call me at 1-800423-5537 ext 2145. I am the regional sales manager for the southwest. I will be glad to send an expert to look at you toilet no charge. : i recently purchased an eljer toilet and it has a constant leak in it. it appears to be the flapper. i have replaced it but to no avail. water is still leaking. if i put weight on the flapper it stops. whats the solution?

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This