1.6 gal. toilets

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives 1.6 gal. toilets

Viewing 44 reply threads
  • Author

Id like to hear from plumbers their thoughts on the 1.6 gal. toilets. How do they work? Do they work? Which ones work? Which ones dont work? Are you having to modify some toilets in the field to get them to adequately flush. Thanks

Participant

: Id like to hear from plumbers their thoughts on the 1.6 gal. toilets. How do they work? Do they work? Which ones work? Which ones dont work? Are you having to modify some toilets in the field to get them to adequately flush. ThanksSteve,The advent of the 1.6 toilet as opposed to the 3.5 toilet has meant more flushing, more call backs and more unhappiness with customers. The gravity toilets are at a disadvantage compared to the assisted flush toilets. A siphon toilet works when a quick force of water starts the siphon action. You can start a toilet flush by pouring a bucket of water right into the bowl. You have two options, the speed of the water or the volume of water. When volume is reduced, the speed of the applied force becomes more important. A good pressure assisted toilet will have greater drain line carry in the main sewer lines of the house. I have had customers that replaced 3.5 gallon toilets with pressure assisted toilets because they didnt like how the 3.5 toilets worked. You can imagine how the 1.6 gravity toilet versus 1.6 assisted compare! Consumer reports did an article in the February 1995 issue http://www.terrylove.com/crtoilet.htm in which they rated a number of toilets. A gravity toilet that they gave relatively good marks for an unassisted toilet is one that I sell. The Universal Rundle. As well as it works, I still do service calls to plunge the toilets. I like the quality of the Kohler Wellworth toilet with the Fluidmaster fill valve, good style and three bolt tank, however it still performs equal to the competition in its price range. When I sell to customers I recommend the pressure assisted toilets first, ( Gerber Ultra Flush, American Standard and others ) and then if that is out of the price range of the customer, I forewarn of the increased plunging of the gravity toilets. For many, they are happy to plunge some to save some money. It may be that toilets, because of the choices we are making to conserve water, will have to became a bigger ticket item in the future. We cant expect to save resources without applying better technology than we have in the past.Regards, Terry Love

Participant

: Id like to hear from plumbers their thoughts on the 1.6 gal. toilets. How do they work? Do they work? Which ones work? Which ones dont work? Are you having to modify some toilets in the field to get them to adequately flush. ThanksSteve,The advent of the 1.6 toilet as opposed to the 3.5 toilet has meant more flushing, more call backs and more unhappiness with customers. The gravity toilets are at a disadvantage compared to the assisted flush toilets. A siphon toilet works when a quick force of water starts the siphon action. You can start a toilet flush by pouring a bucket of water right into the bowl. You have two options, the speed of the water or the volume of water. When volume is reduced, the speed of the applied force becomes more important. A good pressure assisted toilet will have greater drain line carry in the main sewer lines of the house. I have had customers that replaced 3.5 gallon toilets with pressure assisted toilets because they didnt like how the 3.5 toilets worked. You can imagine how the 1.6 gravity toilet versus 1.6 assisted compare! Consumer reports did an article in the February 1995 issue http://www.terrylove.com/crtoilet.htm in which they rated a number of toilets. A gravity toilet that they gave relatively good marks for an unassisted toilet is one that I sell. The Universal Rundle. As well as it works, I still do service calls to plunge the toilets. I like the quality of the Kohler Wellworth toilet with the Fluidmaster fill valve, good style and three bolt tank, however it still performs equal to the competition in its price range. When I sell to customers I recommend the pressure assisted toilets first, ( Gerber Ultra Flush, American Standard and others ) and then if that is out of the price range of the customer, I forewarn of the increased plunging of the gravity toilets. For many, they are happy to plunge some to save some money. It may be that toilets, because of the choices we are making to conserve water, will have to became a bigger ticket item in the future. We cant expect to save resources without applying better technology than we have in the past.Regards, Terry Love

Participant

Participant

Participant

Terry, really appreciate your web site. Im considering the Gerber Ultra Flush. What has been your experience with life span? How soon before valves and seals wear out? Are the items that wear out replacable by the home owner or do they require a plumber? What kind of costs are involved with replacing parts?Ill have to stop by and visit your store…Thanks much!

Participant

Terry, really appreciate your web site. Im considering the Gerber Ultra Flush. What has been your experience with life span? How soon before valves and seals wear out? Are the items that wear out replacable by the home owner or do they require a plumber? What kind of costs are involved with replacing parts?Ill have to stop by and visit your store…Thanks much!

Participant

: In Australia the plumbing standard calls for a dual flush toilet system. The toilets use 6 litres for a full flush for solids and three litres for a half with liquid waste. The toilets manufactured by Caroma Industries are extremely reliable and environmentally friendly. They work on the European wash down system. In fact it is unusual to find a household in Australia that actually owns a plunger. That is how reliable the wash down system is, not to mention the massive water savings for the country. If you would like more information on Caroma water saving toilets please contact Sean Hegarty in the Export DivisionRegardsSean Hegarty : :

Participant

: In Australia the plumbing standard calls for a dual flush toilet system. The toilets use 6 litres for a full flush for solids and three litres for a half with liquid waste. The toilets manufactured by Caroma Industries are extremely reliable and environmentally friendly. They work on the European wash down system. In fact it is unusual to find a household in Australia that actually owns a plunger. That is how reliable the wash down system is, not to mention the massive water savings for the country. If you would like more information on Caroma water saving toilets please contact Sean Hegarty in the Export DivisionRegardsSean Hegarty : :

Participant

: : In Australia the plumbing standard calls for a dual flush toilet system. The toilets use 6 litres for a full flush for solids and three litres for a half with liquid waste. The toilets manufactured by Caroma Industries are extremely reliable and environmentally friendly. They work on the European wash down system. In fact it is unusual to find a household in Australia that actually owns a plunger. That is how reliable the wash down system is, not to mention the massive water savings for the country. If you would like more information on Caroma water saving toilets please contact Sean Hegarty in the Export Division: Regards: Sean Hegarty : : : : Re. 6/3 litre Caroma cisterns.In Western Australia we are required to have these cisterns matched to a pedestal pan, however they are are problem, there is inadequate water to properly clean the bowl, the sides are left stained. As a licensed plumber, in the industry for some 40 years I agree plungers are not usual in most houses but toilet brushes are a standard requirement in every toilet that has a 6/3 pan and cistern. I have lost track of the number of complaints we have received on this subject, the concept is a great water saver, but the pedestal pan design is flawed, Caroma should get off the can and go back to the drawing board or at least listen to the trade and do something constructive other than trying to export the problem overseas.RegardsBill Edwards

Participant

: : In Australia the plumbing standard calls for a dual flush toilet system. The toilets use 6 litres for a full flush for solids and three litres for a half with liquid waste. The toilets manufactured by Caroma Industries are extremely reliable and environmentally friendly. They work on the European wash down system. In fact it is unusual to find a household in Australia that actually owns a plunger. That is how reliable the wash down system is, not to mention the massive water savings for the country. If you would like more information on Caroma water saving toilets please contact Sean Hegarty in the Export Division: Regards: Sean Hegarty : : : : Re. 6/3 litre Caroma cisterns.In Western Australia we are required to have these cisterns matched to a pedestal pan, however they are are problem, there is inadequate water to properly clean the bowl, the sides are left stained. As a licensed plumber, in the industry for some 40 years I agree plungers are not usual in most houses but toilet brushes are a standard requirement in every toilet that has a 6/3 pan and cistern. I have lost track of the number of complaints we have received on this subject, the concept is a great water saver, but the pedestal pan design is flawed, Caroma should get off the can and go back to the drawing board or at least listen to the trade and do something constructive other than trying to export the problem overseas.RegardsBill Edwards

Participant

: : : In Australia the plumbing standard calls for a dual flush toilet system. The toilets use 6 litres for a full flush for solids and three litres for a half with liquid waste. The toilets manufactured by Caroma Industries are extremely reliable and environmentally friendly. They work on the European wash down system. In fact it is unusual to find a household in Australia that actually owns a plunger. That is how reliable the wash down system is, not to mention the massive water savings for the country. If you would like more information on Caroma water saving toilets please contact Sean Hegarty in the Export Division: : Regards: : Sean Hegarty : : : : : : : Re. 6/3 litre Caroma cisterns.: In Western Australia we are required to have these cisterns matched to a pedestal pan, however they are are problem, there is inadequate water to properly clean the bowl, the sides are left stained. : As a licensed plumber, in the industry for some 40 years I agree plungers are not usual in most houses but toilet brushes are a standard requirement in every toilet that has a 6/3 pan and cistern. : I have lost track of the number of complaints we have received on this subject, the concept is a great water saver, but the pedestal pan design is flawed, Caroma should get off the can and go back to : the drawing board or at least listen to the trade and do something constructive other than trying to export the problem overseas.: Regards: Bill EdwardsIm in the process of building a new home and quickly being confronted with buying toilets. The last thing I want to do is buy the inefficient 1.6 gal toilets. Does anyone know if 3.5 gallon commercial toilets are hiding in someones wholesale plumbing wearhouse? Can 3.5 toilets without any conquences since I can qualify for the ADA (American Disabilities Act). If anyone has any suggestions please let me hear from you. Thanks.

Participant

: : : In Australia the plumbing standard calls for a dual flush toilet system. The toilets use 6 litres for a full flush for solids and three litres for a half with liquid waste. The toilets manufactured by Caroma Industries are extremely reliable and environmentally friendly. They work on the European wash down system. In fact it is unusual to find a household in Australia that actually owns a plunger. That is how reliable the wash down system is, not to mention the massive water savings for the country. If you would like more information on Caroma water saving toilets please contact Sean Hegarty in the Export Division: : Regards: : Sean Hegarty : : : : : : : Re. 6/3 litre Caroma cisterns.: In Western Australia we are required to have these cisterns matched to a pedestal pan, however they are are problem, there is inadequate water to properly clean the bowl, the sides are left stained. : As a licensed plumber, in the industry for some 40 years I agree plungers are not usual in most houses but toilet brushes are a standard requirement in every toilet that has a 6/3 pan and cistern. : I have lost track of the number of complaints we have received on this subject, the concept is a great water saver, but the pedestal pan design is flawed, Caroma should get off the can and go back to : the drawing board or at least listen to the trade and do something constructive other than trying to export the problem overseas.: Regards: Bill EdwardsIm in the process of building a new home and quickly being confronted with buying toilets. The last thing I want to do is buy the inefficient 1.6 gal toilets. Does anyone know if 3.5 gallon commercial toilets are hiding in someones wholesale plumbing wearhouse? Can 3.5 toilets without any conquences since I can qualify for the ADA (American Disabilities Act). If anyone has any suggestions please let me hear from you. Thanks.

Participant

Ive had the old 3.5 gallon toilets – never had any flushing problems. Then I went to a pressure assisted toilet. I found it to be too noisy. I tried a 1.6 gal at the onset of the water conserving push and found myself flushing two or three times. Ive been doing some research on the net for some time now and cannot believe peoples dismay over the 1.6 gallon toilets (been there). In Canada, 3.5 gallon toilets are still available. (and now I see why). I was able to find 3.5 gallon toilets at http://www.ssm.ca/masterbath .Good Luck Tony: Im in the process of building a new home and quickly being confronted with buying toilets. The last thing I want to do is buy the inefficient 1.6 gal toilets. Does anyone know if 3.5 gallon commercial toilets : are hiding in someones wholesale plumbing wearhouse? Can 3.5 toilets without any conquences since I can qualify for the ADA (American Disabilities Act). If anyone has any suggestions please let me hear from you. Thanks.

Participant

Ive had the old 3.5 gallon toilets – never had any flushing problems. Then I went to a pressure assisted toilet. I found it to be too noisy. I tried a 1.6 gal at the onset of the water conserving push and found myself flushing two or three times. Ive been doing some research on the net for some time now and cannot believe peoples dismay over the 1.6 gallon toilets (been there). In Canada, 3.5 gallon toilets are still available. (and now I see why). I was able to find 3.5 gallon toilets at http://www.ssm.ca/masterbath .Good Luck Tony: Im in the process of building a new home and quickly being confronted with buying toilets. The last thing I want to do is buy the inefficient 1.6 gal toilets. Does anyone know if 3.5 gallon commercial toilets : are hiding in someones wholesale plumbing wearhouse? Can 3.5 toilets without any conquences since I can qualify for the ADA (American Disabilities Act). If anyone has any suggestions please let me hear from you. Thanks.

Participant

I am with a Canadian Water Management Company that replaces 150 to 200 toilets per day with 1.6 gal toilets. We work with a number of manufatures, but it usually comes down to 2 products. American Standard, and a company called ToTo. To be honest ToTo is the best flushing 1.6 gal toilet I have come accross to date. I highly rcomend it, followed by American Standard, and in third place would be Western Potteries. All three are good flushers, but Toto is definatly the winner.

Participant

I am with a Canadian Water Management Company that replaces 150 to 200 toilets per day with 1.6 gal toilets. We work with a number of manufatures, but it usually comes down to 2 products. American Standard, and a company called ToTo. To be honest ToTo is the best flushing 1.6 gal toilet I have come accross to date. I highly rcomend it, followed by American Standard, and in third place would be Western Potteries. All three are good flushers, but Toto is definatly the winner.

Participant

This is a serious question…even if it sounds ridiculous…so…please, please answer it if you can…. Do toilets really run clockwise in Australia? Thanks, J….

Participant

This is a serious question…even if it sounds ridiculous…so…please, please answer it if you can…. Do toilets really run clockwise in Australia? Thanks, J….

Participant

: : : : In Australia the plumbing standard calls for a dual flush toilet system. The toilets use 6 litres for a full flush for solids and three litres for a half with liquid waste. The toilets manufactured by Caroma Industries are extremely reliable and environmentally friendly. They work on the European wash down system. In fact it is unusual to find a household in Australia that actually owns a plunger. That is how reliable the wash down system is, not to mention the massive water savings for the country. If you would like more information on Caroma water saving toilets please contact Sean Hegarty in the Export Division: : : Regards: : : Sean Hegarty : : : : : : : : : : Re. 6/3 litre Caroma cisterns.: : In Western Australia we are required to have these cisterns matched to a pedestal pan, however they are are problem, there is inadequate water to properly clean the bowl, the sides are left stained. : : As a licensed plumber, in the industry for some 40 years I agree plungers are not usual in most houses but toilet brushes are a standard requirement in every toilet that has a 6/3 pan and cistern. : : I have lost track of the number of complaints we have received on this subject, the concept is a great water saver, but the pedestal pan design is flawed, Caroma should get off the can and go back to : : the drawing board or at least listen to the trade and do something constructive other than trying to export the problem overseas.: : Regards: : : Bill Edwards: Im in the process of building a new home and quickly being confronted with buying toilets. The last thing I want to do is buy the inefficient 1.6 gal toilets. Does anyone know if 3.5 gallon commercial toilets : are hiding in someones wholesale plumbing wearhouse? Can 3.5 toilets without any conquences since I can qualify for the ADA (American Disabilities Act). If anyone has any suggestions please let me hear from you. Thanks.Yesterday I sent a message to American Standard about these inefficient 1.6 toilets. I dont know if they have addressed this problem at all. I have never seen any news about this, but obviously it is a big problem. Does anyone know if this has been addressed?

Participant

: : : : In Australia the plumbing standard calls for a dual flush toilet system. The toilets use 6 litres for a full flush for solids and three litres for a half with liquid waste. The toilets manufactured by Caroma Industries are extremely reliable and environmentally friendly. They work on the European wash down system. In fact it is unusual to find a household in Australia that actually owns a plunger. That is how reliable the wash down system is, not to mention the massive water savings for the country. If you would like more information on Caroma water saving toilets please contact Sean Hegarty in the Export Division: : : Regards: : : Sean Hegarty : : : : : : : : : : Re. 6/3 litre Caroma cisterns.: : In Western Australia we are required to have these cisterns matched to a pedestal pan, however they are are problem, there is inadequate water to properly clean the bowl, the sides are left stained. : : As a licensed plumber, in the industry for some 40 years I agree plungers are not usual in most houses but toilet brushes are a standard requirement in every toilet that has a 6/3 pan and cistern. : : I have lost track of the number of complaints we have received on this subject, the concept is a great water saver, but the pedestal pan design is flawed, Caroma should get off the can and go back to : : the drawing board or at least listen to the trade and do something constructive other than trying to export the problem overseas.: : Regards: : : Bill Edwards: Im in the process of building a new home and quickly being confronted with buying toilets. The last thing I want to do is buy the inefficient 1.6 gal toilets. Does anyone know if 3.5 gallon commercial toilets : are hiding in someones wholesale plumbing wearhouse? Can 3.5 toilets without any conquences since I can qualify for the ADA (American Disabilities Act). If anyone has any suggestions please let me hear from you. Thanks.Yesterday I sent a message to American Standard about these inefficient 1.6 toilets. I dont know if they have addressed this problem at all. I have never seen any news about this, but obviously it is a big problem. Does anyone know if this has been addressed?

Participant

: Id like to hear from plumbers their thoughts on the 1.6 gal. toilets. How do they work? Do they work? Which ones work? Which ones dont work? Are you having to modify some toilets in the field to get them to adequately flush. Thanks

Participant

: Id like to hear from plumbers their thoughts on the 1.6 gal. toilets. How do they work? Do they work? Which ones work? Which ones dont work? Are you having to modify some toilets in the field to get them to adequately flush. Thanks

Participant

If you are really looking to optimize the performance of your tanked toilet you need to immediately check out an excellent product at http://www.aquasaver.com I would be very interested in opinions.Sincerely,David Fuller

Avatar photoSteve Culpepper
                                                      Participant

If you are really looking to optimize the performance of your tanked toilet you need to immediately check out an excellent product at http://www.aquasaver.com I would be very interested in opinions.Sincerely,David Fuller

Participant

: This is a serious question…even if it sounds : ridiculous…so…please, please answer it if you : can…. : Do toilets really run clockwise in Australia? : Thanks, : J….I believe the answer is this. The theory is physically sound but mythical in practice. The reason that this phenomenon could occur is explained at http://www.discovery.com/area/skinnyon/skinnyon970523/skinny1.htmlHowever; to save you time, if I understand correctly, the phenomenon is actually created by the jets in the toilet — out weighing the Coriolis force described at the above address.

Participant

: This is a serious question…even if it sounds : ridiculous…so…please, please answer it if you : can…. : Do toilets really run clockwise in Australia? : Thanks, : J….I believe the answer is this. The theory is physically sound but mythical in practice. The reason that this phenomenon could occur is explained at http://www.discovery.com/area/skinnyon/skinnyon970523/skinny1.htmlHowever; to save you time, if I understand correctly, the phenomenon is actually created by the jets in the toilet — out weighing the Coriolis force described at the above address.

Participant

: : : : In Australia the plumbing standard calls for a dual flush toilet system. The toilets use 6 litres for a full flush for solids and three litres for a half with liquid waste. The toilets manufactured by Caroma Industries are extremely reliable and environmentally friendly. They work on the European wash down system. In fact it is unusual to find a household in Australia that actually owns a plunger. That is how reliable the wash down system is, not to mention the massive water savings for the country. If you would like more information on Caroma water saving toilets please contact Sean Hegarty in the Export Division: : : Regards: : : Sean Hegarty : : : : : : : : : : Re. 6/3 litre Caroma cisterns.: : In Western Australia we are required to have these cisterns matched to a pedestal pan, however they are are problem, there is inadequate water to properly clean the bowl, the sides are left stained. : : As a licensed plumber, in the industry for some 40 years I agree plungers are not usual in most houses but toilet brushes are a standard requirement in every toilet that has a 6/3 pan and cistern. : : I have lost track of the number of complaints we have received on this subject, the concept is a great water saver, but the pedestal pan design is flawed, Caroma should get off the can and go back to : : the drawing board or at least listen to the trade and do something constructive other than trying to export the problem overseas.: : Regards: : : Bill Edwards: Im in the process of building a new home and quickly being confronted with buying toilets. The last thing I want to do is buy the inefficient 1.6 gal toilets. Does anyone know if 3.5 gallon commercial toilets : are hiding in someones wholesale plumbing wearhouse? Can 3.5 toilets without any conquences since I can qualify for the ADA (American Disabilities Act). If anyone has any suggestions please let me hear from you. Thanks.

Participant

: : : : In Australia the plumbing standard calls for a dual flush toilet system. The toilets use 6 litres for a full flush for solids and three litres for a half with liquid waste. The toilets manufactured by Caroma Industries are extremely reliable and environmentally friendly. They work on the European wash down system. In fact it is unusual to find a household in Australia that actually owns a plunger. That is how reliable the wash down system is, not to mention the massive water savings for the country. If you would like more information on Caroma water saving toilets please contact Sean Hegarty in the Export Division: : : Regards: : : Sean Hegarty : : : : : : : : : : Re. 6/3 litre Caroma cisterns.: : In Western Australia we are required to have these cisterns matched to a pedestal pan, however they are are problem, there is inadequate water to properly clean the bowl, the sides are left stained. : : As a licensed plumber, in the industry for some 40 years I agree plungers are not usual in most houses but toilet brushes are a standard requirement in every toilet that has a 6/3 pan and cistern. : : I have lost track of the number of complaints we have received on this subject, the concept is a great water saver, but the pedestal pan design is flawed, Caroma should get off the can and go back to : : the drawing board or at least listen to the trade and do something constructive other than trying to export the problem overseas.: : Regards: : : Bill Edwards: Im in the process of building a new home and quickly being confronted with buying toilets. The last thing I want to do is buy the inefficient 1.6 gal toilets. Does anyone know if 3.5 gallon commercial toilets : are hiding in someones wholesale plumbing wearhouse? Can 3.5 toilets without any conquences since I can qualify for the ADA (American Disabilities Act). If anyone has any suggestions please let me hear from you. Thanks.

Participant

: This is a serious question…even if it sounds : ridiculous…so…please, please answer it if you : can…. : Do toilets really run clockwise in Australia? : Thanks, : J….I believe anything north of the equater goes clockwise and anything south of the equater goes counter clockwise due to the magnetic poles of North and South

Participant

: This is a serious question…even if it sounds : ridiculous…so…please, please answer it if you : can…. : Do toilets really run clockwise in Australia? : Thanks, : J….I believe anything north of the equater goes clockwise and anything south of the equater goes counter clockwise due to the magnetic poles of North and South

Participant

Dear Sir :We are very interested in your water saving device for toilet, urinal, faucet and shower ana the like. Therefore, please let us informed your Water savers as below.1) Do you have flush valve installed inside cistern, saving water or other type of savers ? Please inform us with FOB USA price based upon 1(one) container order.2) For faucet and shower water savers, if you produce this kinds of device, please send us all information as above (1); FOB USA price, and brochure, catalog or its photo.We would like to do active business with you, and develop this market in Korea as a sole agent with further discussion. Thank you very much.We look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.With best regards,John Kim / Managing Director METCOM, Inc.

Participant

Dear Sir :We are very interested in your water saving device for toilet, urinal, faucet and shower ana the like. Therefore, please let us informed your Water savers as below.1) Do you have flush valve installed inside cistern, saving water or other type of savers ? Please inform us with FOB USA price based upon 1(one) container order.2) For faucet and shower water savers, if you produce this kinds of device, please send us all information as above (1); FOB USA price, and brochure, catalog or its photo.We would like to do active business with you, and develop this market in Korea as a sole agent with further discussion. Thank you very much.We look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.With best regards,John Kim / Managing Director METCOM, Inc.

Participant

: I have used 3.5 gal american standard white only toilets for sale at $50 ea can ship 4 units on a pallett.

• #308125
                                                                          Participant

: I have used 3.5 gal american standard white only toilets for sale at $50 ea can ship 4 units on a pallett.

• #308126
                                                                            Participant

: I have used 3.5 gal american standard white only toilets for sale at $50 ea can ship 4 units on a pallett. Tel 508 826 4734

• #308127
                                                                              Participant

: I have used 3.5 gal american standard white only toilets for sale at $50 ea can ship 4 units on a pallett. Tel 508 826 4734

• #308284
                                                                                Participant

: : I have used 3.5 gal american standard white only : toilets for sale at $50 ea can ship 4 units on a : pallett.I would be very interesed in purchaseing One (1) if we could arrange something. Please email me and let me know. thanks

• #308285
                                                                                  Participant

: : I have used 3.5 gal american standard white only : toilets for sale at $50 ea can ship 4 units on a : pallett.I would be very interesed in purchaseing One (1) if we could arrange something. Please email me and let me know. thanks

• #309031
                                                                                    Participant

: : : This is a serious question…even if it sounds : : ridiculous…so…please, please answer it if you : : can…. : : Do toilets really run clockwise in Australia? : : Thanks, : : J….: I believe anything north of the equater goes clockwise and anything south of the equater goes counter clockwise due to the magnetic poles of North and SouthWater circles into a drain ccw south of the equator and cw north of the equator due to coriolis. That is the effect of the rotation of the earth. This is also the reason that hurricanes and typhoons rotate in opposite directions in the different hemispheres. Joe in Pensacola, Fl

• #309032
                                                                                      Participant

: : : This is a serious question…even if it sounds : : ridiculous…so…please, please answer it if you : : can…. : : Do toilets really run clockwise in Australia? : : Thanks, : : J….: I believe anything north of the equater goes clockwise and anything south of the equater goes counter clockwise due to the magnetic poles of North and SouthWater circles into a drain ccw south of the equator and cw north of the equator due to coriolis. That is the effect of the rotation of the earth. This is also the reason that hurricanes and typhoons rotate in opposite directions in the different hemispheres. Joe in Pensacola, Fl

• #309267
                                                                                        Participant

: : : : In Australia the plumbing standard calls for a dual flush toilet system. The toilets use 6 litres for a full flush for solids and three litres for a half with liquid waste. The toilets manufactured by Caroma Industries are extremely reliable and environmentally friendly. They work on the European wash down system. In fact it is unusual to find a household in Australia that actually owns a plunger. That is how reliable the wash down system is, not to mention the massive water savings for the country. If you would like more information on Caroma water saving toilets please contact Sean Hegarty in the Export Division: : : Regards: : : Sean Hegarty : : : : : : : : : : Re. 6/3 litre Caroma cisterns.: : In Western Australia we are required to have these cisterns matched to a pedestal pan, however they are are problem, there is inadequate water to properly clean the bowl, the sides are left stained. : : As a licensed plumber, in the industry for some 40 years I agree plungers are not usual in most houses but toilet brushes are a standard requirement in every toilet that has a 6/3 pan and cistern. : : I have lost track of the number of complaints we have received on this subject, the concept is a great water saver, but the pedestal pan design is flawed, Caroma should get off the can and go back to : : the drawing board or at least listen to the trade and do something constructive other than trying to export the problem overseas.: : Regards: : : Bill Edwards: Im in the process of building a new home and quickly being confronted with buying toilets. The last thing I want to do is buy the inefficient 1.6 gal toilets. Does anyone know if 3.5 gallon commercial toilets : are hiding in someones wholesale plumbing wearhouse? Can 3.5 toilets without any conquences since I can qualify for the ADA (American Disabilities Act). If anyone has any suggestions please let me hear from you. Thanks.I dont know where you would find a 3.5 gallon toilet, but i do know where you can find a plunger made just for the 1.6 gallon toilet. A company known as G.T. Water Product has invented a plunger for just that thing, i think you can get information about it on there web sight gtwaterproducts.com I hope this will help you all

• #309268
                                                                                          Participant

: : : : In Australia the plumbing standard calls for a dual flush toilet system. The toilets use 6 litres for a full flush for solids and three litres for a half with liquid waste. The toilets manufactured by Caroma Industries are extremely reliable and environmentally friendly. They work on the European wash down system. In fact it is unusual to find a household in Australia that actually owns a plunger. That is how reliable the wash down system is, not to mention the massive water savings for the country. If you would like more information on Caroma water saving toilets please contact Sean Hegarty in the Export Division: : : Regards: : : Sean Hegarty : : : : : : : : : : Re. 6/3 litre Caroma cisterns.: : In Western Australia we are required to have these cisterns matched to a pedestal pan, however they are are problem, there is inadequate water to properly clean the bowl, the sides are left stained. : : As a licensed plumber, in the industry for some 40 years I agree plungers are not usual in most houses but toilet brushes are a standard requirement in every toilet that has a 6/3 pan and cistern. : : I have lost track of the number of complaints we have received on this subject, the concept is a great water saver, but the pedestal pan design is flawed, Caroma should get off the can and go back to : : the drawing board or at least listen to the trade and do something constructive other than trying to export the problem overseas.: : Regards: : : Bill Edwards: Im in the process of building a new home and quickly being confronted with buying toilets. The last thing I want to do is buy the inefficient 1.6 gal toilets. Does anyone know if 3.5 gallon commercial toilets : are hiding in someones wholesale plumbing wearhouse? Can 3.5 toilets without any conquences since I can qualify for the ADA (American Disabilities Act). If anyone has any suggestions please let me hear from you. Thanks.I dont know where you would find a 3.5 gallon toilet, but i do know where you can find a plunger made just for the 1.6 gallon toilet. A company known as G.T. Water Product has invented a plunger for just that thing, i think you can get information about it on there web sight gtwaterproducts.com I hope this will help you all

• #309321
                                                                                            Participant

: This is a serious question…even if it sounds : ridiculous…so…please, please answer it if you : can…. : Do toilets really run clockwise in Australia? : Thanks, : J….Yes, think of it this way. put a little water in a glass , stir with your finger in clockwise direction, meantime take a look from beneath the glass and see which way the water flows. The glas is the earth, your spinning the water is the rotation of the earth, and from underneath, yep there she is, counter clockwise.

• #309322
                                                                                              Participant

: This is a serious question…even if it sounds : ridiculous…so…please, please answer it if you : can…. : Do toilets really run clockwise in Australia? : Thanks, : J….Yes, think of it this way. put a little water in a glass , stir with your finger in clockwise direction, meantime take a look from beneath the glass and see which way the water flows. The glas is the earth, your spinning the water is the rotation of the earth, and from underneath, yep there she is, counter clockwise.

Viewing 44 reply threads
                                                                                            • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This