Leaking shower pan

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Leaking shower pan

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author

I think I have a leaking shower pan. After a shower, the bathroom floor is wet – not because of the seal around the shower door which has been replaced. The leak seems to be coming through the tile grout. If this is a leaking shower pan, what is involved with the repair? How is it done? Do I need a plumber and a tilesetter? How much should I expect to pay for the repair?

Participant

: I think I have a leaking shower pan. After a shower, the bathroom floor is wet – not because of the seal around the shower door which has been replaced. The leak seems to be coming through the tile grout. If this is a leaking shower pan, what is involved with the repair? How is it done? Do I need a plumber and a tilesetter? How : much should I expect to pay for the repair? Lee, The first step would be take caulk all the corner seams in the shower. The next step would be to plug the drain, fill the pan with with a bucket, let stand and see if water seeps out.If the pan is leaking, a tile setter should be able to repair the problem. The cost will vary according to how much you will be replacing. A mud set pan should be replaced up to the 18 height. Many tile setters will not reuse the old shower doors.Caulk first.If replacement is nessary, then my preference is to remove the old shower, replace the valve with a new pressured balanced valve, new shower doors. wonderboard and tile.Regards, Terry Love

Participant

: I think I have a leaking shower pan. After a shower, the bathroom floor is wet – not because of the seal around the shower door which has been replaced. The leak seems to be coming through the tile grout. If this is a leaking shower pan, what is involved with the repair? How is it done? Do I need a plumber and a tilesetter? How : much should I expect to pay for the repair? Lee, The first step would be take caulk all the corner seams in the shower. The next step would be to plug the drain, fill the pan with with a bucket, let stand and see if water seeps out.If the pan is leaking, a tile setter should be able to repair the problem. The cost will vary according to how much you will be replacing. A mud set pan should be replaced up to the 18 height. Many tile setters will not reuse the old shower doors.Caulk first.If replacement is nessary, then my preference is to remove the old shower, replace the valve with a new pressured balanced valve, new shower doors. wonderboard and tile.Regards, Terry Love

Participant

: I think I have a leaking shower pan. After a shower, the bathroom floor is wet – not because of the seal around the shower door which has been replaced. The leak seems to be coming through the tile grout. If this is a leaking shower pan, what is involved with the repair? How is it done? Do I need a plumber and a tilesetter? How : much should I expect to pay for the repair? The first reply was partially correct in that you should plug drain and fill pan 1/2 inch above the drain.If water is still outside of shower you may have a leak in your pan.If not you may have valve leakage.If the pan is leaking you will have to replace it.As a professional tilesetter I do not reccomend patching the shower only up to the pan as it will be impossible to waterproof it once you cut the moisture barrier between tile and sheetrock.I reccomend replacing shower.As far as the shower doors go no reason why they cant be used again goodluck bye jonytiler

Participant

: I think I have a leaking shower pan. After a shower, the bathroom floor is wet – not because of the seal around the shower door which has been replaced. The leak seems to be coming through the tile grout. If this is a leaking shower pan, what is involved with the repair? How is it done? Do I need a plumber and a tilesetter? How : much should I expect to pay for the repair? The first reply was partially correct in that you should plug drain and fill pan 1/2 inch above the drain.If water is still outside of shower you may have a leak in your pan.If not you may have valve leakage.If the pan is leaking you will have to replace it.As a professional tilesetter I do not reccomend patching the shower only up to the pan as it will be impossible to waterproof it once you cut the moisture barrier between tile and sheetrock.I reccomend replacing shower.As far as the shower doors go no reason why they cant be used again goodluck bye jonytiler

Participant

ave shower 3×3 a good tilesetter will replace the pan he will usually not warrantee a job if he doesnt install pan price : $900- 1200 for bottom &3 rows up entire shower :$1400-$2200+ : : : I think I have a leaking shower pan. After a shower, the bathroom floor is wet – not because of the seal around the shower door which has been replaced. The leak seems to be coming through the tile grout. If this is a leaking shower pan, what is involved with the repair? How is it done? Do I need a plumber and a tilesetter? How : : much should I expect to pay for the repair? : The first reply was partially correct in that you should plug drain and fill pan 1/2 inch above the drain.If water is still outside of shower you may have a leak in your pan.If not you may have valve leakage.If the pan is leaking you will have to replace it.As a professional tilesetter I do not reccomend patching the shower only up to the pan as it will be impossible to waterproof it once you cut the moisture barrier between tile and sheetrock.I reccomend replacing shower.As far as the shower doors go no reason why they cant be used again goodluck bye : jonytiler

Participant

ave shower 3×3 a good tilesetter will replace the pan he will usually not warrantee a job if he doesnt install pan price : $900- 1200 for bottom &3 rows up entire shower :$1400-$2200+ : : : I think I have a leaking shower pan. After a shower, the bathroom floor is wet – not because of the seal around the shower door which has been replaced. The leak seems to be coming through the tile grout. If this is a leaking shower pan, what is involved with the repair? How is it done? Do I need a plumber and a tilesetter? How : : much should I expect to pay for the repair? : The first reply was partially correct in that you should plug drain and fill pan 1/2 inch above the drain.If water is still outside of shower you may have a leak in your pan.If not you may have valve leakage.If the pan is leaking you will have to replace it.As a professional tilesetter I do not reccomend patching the shower only up to the pan as it will be impossible to waterproof it once you cut the moisture barrier between tile and sheetrock.I reccomend replacing shower.As far as the shower doors go no reason why they cant be used again goodluck bye : jonytiler

Participant

Participant

Participant

ave shower 3×3 a good tilesetter will replace the pan he will usually not warrantee a job if he doesnt install pan price : $900- 1200 for bottom &3 rows up entire shower :$1400-$2200+ :i recomend filling shower with atleast 2 inches of water,and marking water level with wax pencil on tilelet standfor 20 minutes ar untill you notice water leaking if you think the leak may be in valve also, fill shower with water from bathtub using a bucket: : I think I have a leaking shower pan. After a shower, the bathroom floor is wet – not because of the seal around the shower door which has been replaced. The leak seems to be coming through the tile grout. If this is a leaking shower pan, what is involved with the repair? How is it done? Do I need a plumber and a tilesetter? How : : much should I expect to pay for the repair? : The first reply was partially correct in that you should plug drain and fill pan 1/2 inch above the drain.If water is still outside of shower you may have a leak in your pan.If not you may have valve leakage.If the pan is leaking you will have to replace it.As a professional tilesetter I do not reccomend patching the shower only up to the pan as it will be impossible to waterproof it once you cut the moisture barrier between tile and sheetrock.I reccomend replacing shower.As far as the shower doors go no reason why they cant be used again goodluck bye : jonytiler

Participant

ave shower 3×3 a good tilesetter will replace the pan he will usually not warrantee a job if he doesnt install pan price : $900- 1200 for bottom &3 rows up entire shower :$1400-$2200+ :i recomend filling shower with atleast 2 inches of water,and marking water level with wax pencil on tilelet standfor 20 minutes ar untill you notice water leaking if you think the leak may be in valve also, fill shower with water from bathtub using a bucket: : I think I have a leaking shower pan. After a shower, the bathroom floor is wet – not because of the seal around the shower door which has been replaced. The leak seems to be coming through the tile grout. If this is a leaking shower pan, what is involved with the repair? How is it done? Do I need a plumber and a tilesetter? How : : much should I expect to pay for the repair? : The first reply was partially correct in that you should plug drain and fill pan 1/2 inch above the drain.If water is still outside of shower you may have a leak in your pan.If not you may have valve leakage.If the pan is leaking you will have to replace it.As a professional tilesetter I do not reccomend patching the shower only up to the pan as it will be impossible to waterproof it once you cut the moisture barrier between tile and sheetrock.I reccomend replacing shower.As far as the shower doors go no reason why they cant be used again goodluck bye : jonytiler

Participant

We have a product called Shower Plug that will fix your problem.We have it on our pagewww.ozemail.com.au/~vidbhave a look

Participant

We have a product called Shower Plug that will fix your problem.We have it on our pagewww.ozemail.com.au/~vidbhave a look

Participant

What is a shower plug? Is it expensive? I have a shower pan that needs replacing…it is such an expense to break the tiled floor and walls in the shower stall….and then have it replaced…please advise. thank you, M. Weitz [email protected]

Participant

What is a shower plug? Is it expensive? I have a shower pan that needs replacing…it is such an expense to break the tiled floor and walls in the shower stall….and then have it replaced…please advise. thank you, M. Weitz [email protected]

Participant

: ave shower 3×3 : a good tilesetter will replace the pan : he will usually not warrantee a job if he doesnt install pan : price : $900- 1200 for bottom &3 rows up : entire shower :$1400-$2200+ : :i recomend filling shower with atleast 2 inches of water,and marking water level with wax pencil on tilelet standfor 20 minutes ar untill you notice water leaking : if you think the leak may be in valve also, fill shower with water from bathtub using a bucket: : : I think I have a leaking shower pan. After a shower, the bathroom floor is wet – not because of the seal around the shower door which has been replaced. The leak seems to be coming through the tile grout. If this is a leaking shower pan, what is involved with the repair? How is it done? Do I need a plumber and a tilesetter? How : : : much should I expect to pay for the repair? : : The first reply was partially correct in that you should plug drain and fill pan 1/2 inch above the drain.If water is still outside of shower you may have a leak in your pan.If not you may have valve leakage.If the pan is leaking you will have to replace it.As a professional tilesetter I do not reccomend patching the shower only up to the pan as it will be impossible to waterproof it once you cut the moisture barrier between tile and sheetrock.I reccomend replacing shower.As far as the shower doors go no reason why they cant be used again goodluck bye : : jonytiler

Participant

: ave shower 3×3 : a good tilesetter will replace the pan : he will usually not warrantee a job if he doesnt install pan : price : $900- 1200 for bottom &3 rows up : entire shower :$1400-$2200+ : :i recomend filling shower with atleast 2 inches of water,and marking water level with wax pencil on tilelet standfor 20 minutes ar untill you notice water leaking : if you think the leak may be in valve also, fill shower with water from bathtub using a bucket: : : I think I have a leaking shower pan. After a shower, the bathroom floor is wet – not because of the seal around the shower door which has been replaced. The leak seems to be coming through the tile grout. If this is a leaking shower pan, what is involved with the repair? How is it done? Do I need a plumber and a tilesetter? How : : : much should I expect to pay for the repair? : : The first reply was partially correct in that you should plug drain and fill pan 1/2 inch above the drain.If water is still outside of shower you may have a leak in your pan.If not you may have valve leakage.If the pan is leaking you will have to replace it.As a professional tilesetter I do not reccomend patching the shower only up to the pan as it will be impossible to waterproof it once you cut the moisture barrier between tile and sheetrock.I reccomend replacing shower.As far as the shower doors go no reason why they cant be used again goodluck bye : : jonytiler

Participant

: I think I have a leaking shower pan. After a shower, the bathroom floor is wet – not because of the seal around the shower door which has been replaced. The leak seems to be coming through the tile grout. If this is a leaking shower pan, what is involved with the repair? How is it done? Do I need a plumber and a tilesetter? How : much should I expect to pay for the repair?

Participant

: I think I have a leaking shower pan. After a shower, the bathroom floor is wet – not because of the seal around the shower door which has been replaced. The leak seems to be coming through the tile grout. If this is a leaking shower pan, what is involved with the repair? How is it done? Do I need a plumber and a tilesetter? How : much should I expect to pay for the repair?

Viewing 18 reply threads
                                        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This