PVC Shower Pan Installation over Concrete Backerboard

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives PVC Shower Pan Installation over Concrete Backerboard

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Guys or gals,I am an amateur! I am in the process of installing a 5 by 5 shower with two seats.My questions, 1) do I have to put the PVC over the seats? 2) do I have to pitch the pvc pan so that the water that seeps through the mortar bed (tile & thinset) is directed towards the drain? or will the water that seeps through be too immaterial to worry about 3)if I need to pitch the pvc, how do I do it? with the backer board? or someother method?Thanks so muchDazed and confused

Participant

: Guys or gals,: I am an amateur! I am in the process of installing a : 5 by 5 shower with two seats.: My questions, : 1) do I have to put the PVC over the seats?No,: 2) do I have to pitch the pvc pan so that the water : that seeps through the mortar bed (tile & thinset) is : directed towards the drain? or will the water that : seeps through be too immaterial to worry aboutNo pitching of the pvc pan is needed below the mortar bed.Regards, Terry Love

Participant

: Guys or gals,: I am an amateur! I am in the process of installing a : 5 by 5 shower with two seats.: My questions, : 1) do I have to put the PVC over the seats?No,: 2) do I have to pitch the pvc pan so that the water : that seeps through the mortar bed (tile & thinset) is : directed towards the drain? or will the water that : seeps through be too immaterial to worry aboutNo pitching of the pvc pan is needed below the mortar bed.Regards, Terry Love

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This