Price Pfister shower faucet

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Price Pfister shower faucet

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

I have a two handled shower faucet (Price Pfister) which is leaking badly through the hot water faucet. I took the stem out to replace the washer, but the screw and metal washer (?) at the back end of the stem came off as I unscrewed the stem. There were two small pieces of what looked like the remains of a rubber washer which I removed and discarded. I was not able to remove the screw or metal washer from the water pipe connection, but I did get it back together without a new rubber washer. Needless to say, it still leaks like a sieve. This shower stall is of ceramic tile and there is no wall opening behind the shower for access to the piping. SUGGESTIONS ? ? ?

Participant

: I have a two handled shower faucet (Price Pfister) : which is leaking badly through the hot water faucet. : I took the stem out to replace the washer, but the : screw and metal washer (?) at the back end of the stem : came off as I unscrewed the stem. There were two small : pieces of what looked like the remains of a rubber : washer which I removed and discarded. I was not able : to remove the screw or metal washer from the water pipe : connection, but I did get it back together without a : new rubber washer. Needless to say, it still leaks : like a sieve. This shower stall is of ceramic tile and : there is no wall opening behind the shower for access : to the piping. SUGGESTIONS ? ? ?Dale,How old is the Price Phister valve? This faucets can be rebuilt from the valve side by removing the stems with socket like wrenches that fit snugly around the stems and between the gap in the tile. I like to replace the valve seats also with a valve seat removal tool. (very cheap to buy) And yes, you do need that rubber washer back in there. Price Phister sells new trim and knobs if you want to update the look also.Regards, Terry Love

Participant

:I have a single handled shower price phister faucet and it is leaking. I took it apart and found the rubber washers are worned that fits ina plasitic ring. This is a part that onone in my area of Southeast kansas has or knows anything about. I need these replacements badly, so where do I go? How do I get replacement parts.

Participant

:I have a single handled shower price phister faucet and it is leaking. I took it apart and found the rubber washers are worned that fits in a plasitic ring. This is a part that on one in my area of Southeast kansas has or knows anything about. I need these replacements badly, so where do I go? How do I get replacement parts.

Participant

John Thomas is a sweet lil boi

Participant

John Thomas is a sweet lil boi

Participant

: Oh boy I didnt want to find your comments. I have the same problem and have not had any luck in locating replacement parts either.: :I have a single handled shower price phister faucet and it is leaking. I took it apart and found the rubber washers are worned that fits ina plasitic ring. This is a part that onone in my area of Southeast kansas has or knows anything about. I need these replacements badly, so where do I go? How do I get replacement parts.

Participant

I have a Price Pfister shower unit that I am looking for BRASS handles for. The valve # is S10-375. Is there any place I could get brass handles the would fit this unit? ASAP

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This