Leaky toilet, Replacing tile

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Leaky toilet, Replacing tile

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

How do you reseal a toilet to the floor. Also, whats the best way to remove bathroom tile from around bath faucet nozzles and maybe the bottom row of tiles above the tub.

Participant

: How do you reseal a toilet to the floor. Also, whats the best way to remove bathroom tile from around bath faucet nozzles and maybe the bottom row of tiles above the tub.Dear Paul,I use two wax rings 95% of the time to reseal a toilet. I always have on hand new closet bolts and a new flex toilet water supply. When I have tightened the bolts up, filled the tank, and retightened the bolts, (carefull, dont break the china) I seal around the toilet from bolt to bolt around the front of the toilet with caulking to prevent floor water, ( from baths) from seeping under the toilet and down.I remove tile around valves and around tubs by breaking apart one tile, then prying the next tile from the wall with a wonderbar or flat screwdriver. You cant always use the old tile, most times figure on buying new ones that wont match entirely the old.Regards, Terry Love

Participant

: How do you reseal a toilet to the floor. Also, whats the best way to remove bathroom tile from around bath faucet nozzles and maybe the bottom row of tiles above the tub.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This