Water Pressure

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Water Pressure

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

My house was built in the mid 40s. The water pressure is about 65 gpm. When using the shower, if water is turned on elsewhere, the pressure drops off and the water goes very cold.This obviously can cause tension in our otherwise tranquil domicile.Anything I can do??

Participant

: My house was built in the mid 40s. The water pressure is about 65 gpm. When using the shower, if water is turned on elsewhere, the pressure drops off and the water goes very cold.: This obviously can cause tension in our otherwise tranquil domicile.: Anything I can do??

Q. How do I keep from being shocked in the shower?A. At Rough-In time, It is important to run pipes with enough volume and pressure so that many fixtures can be used at the same time. �I usually run only two fixtures on a 1/2 line; so a standard bathroom would have a 3/4 line for cold until one fixture is taken off. A 1/2 line for the hot is fine, tub and lav.Another nice item that is �plumbing code in many areas now, �is the pressure balanced tub and shower valves. �A single handle valve that balances the hot and cold water to try to maintain a temperature range plus or minus 2 degrees. � � � � �Terry Love

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This