Plumbing in concrete slab.

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Plumbing in concrete slab.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

My house is built on a concrete slab. I want to modify an existing bedroom into a second bathroom which will require going into the existing slab to find my drain pipes. Is this a pretty common and acceptable practise? Do I need to worry? Can I use ready mix crete to fill in after the new pipes have been joined to the existing pipes? Please bare in mind that I am having a supposedly professional plumbing company do the work. Thanks for your answers.

: My house is built on a concrete slab. I want to modify an existing bedroom into a second bathroom which will require going into the existing slab to find my drain pipes. Is this a pretty common and acceptable practise? Do I need to worry? Can I use ready mix crete to fill in after the new pipes have been joined to the existing pipes? Please bare in mind that I am having a supposedly professional plumbing company do the work. Thanks for your answers.

: My house is built on a concrete slab. I want to modify an existing bedroom into a second bathroom which will require going into the existing slab to find my drain pipes. Is this a pretty common and acceptable practise? Do I need to worry? Can I use ready mix crete to fill in after the new pipes have been joined to the existing pipes? Please bare in mind that I am having a supposedly professional plumbing company do the work. Thanks for your answers. Dear Bill, What you have described is how it is done. A good way to remove the concrete slab is to hire a concrete cutting outfit. They are listed in the phone book. Using a diamond saw cooled with water, they can cut the slab, loosen the pieces with a demo hammer and lift out the concrete from the area being plumbed. This damages the existing slab less and is less dusty. It is also easier to pour the concrete patch back in place. (redi-mix is fine) Regards, Terry Love

: :We had some remodeling done which required moving the washer, thus the plumbing in the slab. They dug up the floor to the drain which had to be cut to fit under a doorway. They layed the washer drain in a cutout in the side of the pipe, the stink pipe came down into the drain. They then ropped (?) them together and wrapped with tape and cemented over it. Now, 2 weeks of letting it dry (we took a trip) I washed and water is seeping up from that connection (just slightly). We could live with that small leak if it wont get worse?? Do you think they did it wrong? Do we have to have it dug up again and done differently? While we were gone the company went out of business and we cannot get ahold of anyone. Please advise?Jack Gayle

John Thomas is a sweet lil boi

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This