cast iron tub repair

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives cast iron tub repair

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do to refinish an old cast iron tub that has worn down to the iron which is showing through in some spots?Thank you for any help you can offer.

Participant

: Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do to : refinish an old cast iron tub that has worn down to : the iron which is showing through in some spots?: Thank you for any help you can offer. Valerie, A cast iron tub can be refinished in place. aprox $350.00 – $450.00 Many colors are available at the time of refinishing. Check in the phone book under bathtubs & sink repair and refinish. I prefer installing a new tub over refinishing, which would come to about $1800.00 plus or minis with tile, tub faucet and install.Regards, Terry Love

Participant

: : : Virtually any bathtub can be repaired if it becomes : : chipped or damaged during installation, we repair : : tubs for manufacturers, home builders & contractors: : who build apartments and hotels, since numerous : : tubs get chipped during construction : : Most repairs are virtually undetectable & have a Lifetime Warranty Contact us at http://www.mindspring./~goto/spr.htm

Participant

: : : Virtually any bathtub can be repaired if it becomes : : chipped or damaged during installation, we repair : : tubs for manufacturers, home builders & contractors: : who build apartments and hotels, since numerous : : tubs get chipped during construction : : Most repairs are virtually undetectable & have a Lifetime Warranty Contact us at http://www.mindspring./~goto/spr.htm

Participant

I have a white cast iron kitchen sink that is about 20 years old. It looks good except for some scratches and chips (not down to the iron). I am putting it in a new house and would like to freshen it up a bit. What can I do with regard to polishing or touching it up that will minimize the scratches? Thanks.: : : Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do to : : refinish an old cast iron tub that has worn down to : : the iron which is showing through in some spots?: : Thank you for any help you can offer. : Valerie, : A cast iron tub can be refinished in place. aprox $350.00 – $450.00 Many colors are available at the time of refinishing. Check in the phone book under bathtubs & sink repair and refinish. : I prefer installing a new tub over refinishing, which would come to about $1800.00 plus or minis with tile, tub faucet and install.: Regards, Terry Love

Participant

: I have a white cast iron kitchen sink that is about 20 years old. It looks good except for some scratches and chips (not down to the iron). I am putting it in a new house and would like to freshen it up a bit. What can I do with regard to polishing or touching it up that will minimize the scratches? Thanks.: : : : : Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do to : : : refinish an old cast iron tub that has worn down to : : : the iron which is showing through in some spots?: : : Thank you for any help you can offer. : : Valerie, : : A cast iron tub can be refinished in place. aprox $350.00 – $450.00 Many colors are available at the time of refinishing. Check in the phone book under bathtubs & sink repair and refinish.I have a cast iron bathtub that has several rough spots on the surface;and,one worn area down to the iron itself.Please advise as to the specifics of repairing and/or restoring this item.It is a family heirloom. Thank you. Desiree Brown

Participant

: : : I have a claw foot tub that I would like to re-finiish the outside and paint. What steps do I take or is there a book I can buy that could tell me what to do. Also a catalogue with parts for it, such as; plumbing, fixtures. I live in a rural area and having someone work on it for me is not an option. Thanks for any info you have.: : : : : : : Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do to : : : : refinish an old cast iron tub that has worn down to : : : : the iron which is showing through in some spots?: : : : Thank you for any help you can offer. : : : Valerie, : : : A cast iron tub can be refinished in place. aprox $350.00 – $450.00 Many colors are available at the time of refinishing. Check in the phone book under bathtubs & sink repair and refinish.: I have a cast iron bathtub that has several rough spots on the surface;and,one worn area down to the iron itself.Please advise as to the specifics of repairing and/or restoring this item.It is a family heirloom. Thank you. : Desiree Brown

Participant

: : : : : I have a claw foot tub that I would like to re-finiish the outside and paint. What steps do I take or is there a book I can buy that could tell me what to do. Also a catalogue with parts for it, such as; plumbing, fixtures. I live in a rural area and having someone work on it for me is not an option. Thanks for any info you have.: : : : : : : : : Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do to : : : : : refinish an old cast iron tub that has worn down to : : : : : the iron which is showing through in some spots?: : : : : Thank you for any help you can offer. : : : : Valerie, : : : : A cast iron tub can be refinished in place. aprox $350.00 – $450.00 Many colors are available at the time of refinishing. Check in the phone book under bathtubs & sink repair and refinish.: : I have a cast iron bathtub that has several rough spots on the surface;and,one worn area down to the iron itself.Please advise as to the specifics of repairing and/or restoring this item.It is a family heirloom. Thank you. : : Desiree Brown

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This