toilet seal replacement

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives toilet seal replacement

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Im in the middle of replacing the toilet seal and the bowl is not seating properlly and the bolts turn in the mounting on the floor underneath their plastic seal holder making it difficult to attach the wing nut and tighten them. What do I do to seat the bowl and tighten the bolts?

Participant

: Im in the middle of replacing the toilet seal and the bowl is not seating properlly and the bolts turn in the mounting on the floor underneath their plastic seal holder making it difficult to attach the wing nut and tighten them. What do I do to seat the bowl and tighten the bolts?Max,When I replace a toilet, I use new bolts with nuts, new wax, new water supply tube.First I make sure that there is a secure flange or closet ring on the floor with notches or slots to hold bolts. If there is none there, I install one. On wood floors I use wood screws, on concrete I use concrete anchors drilled into the concrete. I use new bolts with nice clean threads. old bolts have many times been cut with a hacksaw making the threads unsuiltable for reuse. 95% of the time I use two wax rings. I sit on the toilet to compress the wax untill the toilet touches the floor, snug the bolts up, refill the toilet, snug the bolts again.Good luck Terry Love

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This