Toilet problem

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Toilet problem

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Some time ago I had a problem with my main floor toilet. After flushing the bowl would fail to refill. I use a closet snake, I removed the toilet, I later even replaced the toilet with a low water use Kohler toilet. But the water would not remain in the bowl after flushing. I have used a power rooter for about twenty five feet into the sewer, I have snaked the vent pipe from the roof and still have the problem which I believe is a clogged vent pipe. I would appreciate any suggestion which might solve my problem. My next approach was to try to snake the vent after opening up the wall. Is that the best approach. One final note. I know the toilet works because before tightening down the seal on the toilet the last time the bowl filled correctly and did so until I again tightened the wax seal again.

Participant

: Some time ago I had a problem with my main floor toilet. : After flushing the bowl would fail to refill. I use a : closet snake, I removed the toilet, I later even replaced : the toilet with a low water use Kohler toilet. But the : water would not remain in the bowl after flushing. I : have used a power rooter for about twenty five feet into : the sewer, I have snaked the vent pipe from the roof and : still have the problem which I believe is a clogged vent : pipe. I would appreciate any suggestion which might solve : my problem. My next approach was to try to snake the vent : after opening up the wall. Is that the best approach. : One final note. I know the toilet works because before : tightening down the seal on the toilet the last time the : bowl filled correctly and did so until I again tightened : the wax seal again.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This