Hot Water Heaters

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Hot Water Heaters

• This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 25 years ago by Avatar photoCharles M. Misenheimer.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Why does a 10 year old HWH suddenly start discharging water from the relief valve after use. Even after replacing both upper and lower thermostats and the relief valve, it still does it. What could be the problem? Thanks, Mike

Avatar photoCharles M. Misenheimer
        Participant

: Why does a 10 year old HWH suddenly start discharging water from the relief valve after use. Even after replacing both upper and lower thermostats and the relief valve, it still does it. What could be the problem? Thanks, MikeQuestion What is the water pressure at the tank? The T&P would be set for 150 PSI. If the water pressure in the home is over 80 PSI a pressure reducer should be installed on the main water supply. $75.00 for a 1 model at a plumbing/hardware store. Terry

Participant

: : : Why does a 10 year old HWH suddenly start discharging water from the relief valve after use. Even after replacing both upper and lower thermostats and the relief valve, it still does it. What could be the problem? Thanks, Mike: Question : What is the water pressure at the tank? : The T&P would be set for 150 PSI. If the water pressure in the home is over 80 PSI a pressure reducer should be installed on the main water supply. $75.00 for a 1 model at a plumbing/hardware store. : TerryThanks,Terry. Ill check it.

Participant

: The hot water outlets inside my house have a very restricted flowage. The problem has been getting worse. The hot water heater is relatively new but perhaps it wasnt hooked up properly. The other possiblity is that the piping in this 30 year old house has begun to block up(possibly calcification). The cold water flowage is fine. Any ideas how to tackle this one? Thanks, Sherwin Dubren [email protected]

Participant

: Why does a water heater start making funny bubbling sounds and crackling noises. Is it some kind of mineral buid-up? Do I need to replace? Can I flush and clean? : : : : : Why does a 10 year old HWH suddenly start discharging water from the relief valve after use. Even after replacing both upper and lower thermostats and the relief valve, it still does it. What could be the problem? Thanks, Mike: : Question : : What is the water pressure at the tank? : : The T&P would be set for 150 PSI. If the water pressure in the home is over 80 PSI a pressure reducer should be installed on the main water supply. $75.00 for a 1 model at a plumbing/hardware store. : : Terry: Thanks,Terry. Ill check it.

Participant

We are not getting any hot water from our faucets! My mom believes its the pilot light. Can you give us some instruction on how to fix this problem?

Participant

: : Why does a water heater start making funny bubbling sounds and crackling noises. Is it some kind of mineral buid-up? Do I need to replace? Can I flush and clean? : : : : : : : Why does a 10 year old HWH suddenly start discharging water from the relief valve after use. Even after replacing both upper and lower thermostats and the relief valve, it still does it. What could be the problem? Thanks, Mike: : : Question : : : What is the water pressure at the tank? : : : The T&P would be set for 150 PSI. If the water pressure in the home is over 80 PSI a pressure reducer should be installed on the main water supply. $75.00 for a 1 model at a plumbing/hardware store. : : : Terry: : Thanks,Terry. Ill check it.Question: Why is the water heater making funny songs when it is in use.

Participant

: We are not getting any hot water from our faucets! : My mom believes its the pilot light. Can you give : us some instruction on how to fix this problem?:my water heater is leaking, and i turned off the water to it i was wondering what else i could do to fix the problem.

Participant

:

Participant

I just purchased a new water heater and the pressure relief valve keeps going off. I have tried several remedies:- reduced the heater temperature level to as low as possible. – reduced the incoming water supply pressure as low as possible.Still, the problem remains. There is also a thermal expansion unit attached to the incoming water line between the shut off valve and the hot water heater. HELP!

Participant

:mMy 40gal 5500watt(both elements)water heater overload button kicks out at least once a day. I have changed the elements,turned the temp. down however it doesnt help. Can you help? Thanks Jack : : : : : Why does a 10 year old HWH suddenly start discharging water from the relief valve after use. Even after replacing both upper and lower thermostats and the relief valve, it still does it. What could be the problem? Thanks, Mike: : Question : : What is the water pressure at the tank? : : The T&P would be set for 150 PSI. If the water pressure in the home is over 80 PSI a pressure reducer should be installed on the main water supply. $75.00 for a 1 model at a plumbing/hardware store. : : Terry: Thanks,Terry. Ill check it.

Participant

: : : Why does a water heater start making funny bubbling sounds and crackling noises. Is it some kind of mineral buid-up? Do I need to replace? Can I flush and clean? : : : : : : : : : Why does a 10 year old HWH suddenly start discharging water from the relief valve after use. Even after replacing both upper and lower thermostats and the relief valve, it still does it. What could be the problem? Thanks, Mike: : : : Question : : : : What is the water pressure at the tank? : : : : The T&P would be set for 150 PSI. If the water pressure in the home is over 80 PSI a pressure reducer should be installed on the main water supply. $75.00 for a 1 model at a plumbing/hardware store. : : : : Terry: : : Thanks,Terry. Ill check it.: : Question: Why is the water heater making funny songs when it is in use.Calcification occurs and if you can clean it out when you change elements (vac it out if you can, thru the element openings)it will last a long time. I have a thirty gallon thats 18 years old and I keep cleaning out the calcium build up when an element goes. The relief valve gets old too, the spring becomes weaker as the years go by. Purchase a new one for a couple of bucks and replace.

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This