Leak in hot water floor radiant heating system

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Leak in hot water floor radiant heating system

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I have a leak in my system, SOMEWHERE! I cannot keep 12 lb. full pressure in the system, and cold water is constantly flowing into the system through the relief valve. When running, I get about 8 lbs pressure. There is no trace of a leak in the floor or outside the house. The floor is a concrete slab. QUESTIONS: 1. How can I find the leak? 2. Is there a good sealer like for auto radiators? 3. Any suggestions????Thanks very muchKirk Gibson (no, not that one!)

Participant

: I have a leak in my system, SOMEWHERE! I cannot keep : 12 lb. full pressure in the system, and cold water is : constantly flowing into the system through the relief : valve. When running, I get about 8 lbs pressure. There : is no trace of a leak in the floor or outside the house. : The floor is a concrete slab. : QUESTIONS: : 1. How can I find the leak? : 2. Is there a good sealer like for auto radiators? : 3. Any suggestions????: Thanks very much: Kirk Gibson (no, not that one!)Kirk, Finding the leak could be very difficult, you may want to contact a leak locating company, they may be able to find it with some sort of listening device. As for sealing the leak you may check out some kind of boiler seal, but be carefull these can stop up internal parts of your piping system and the boiler.Ken

Participant

: I have a leak in my system, SOMEWHERE! I cannot keep : 12 lb. full pressure in the system, and cold water is : constantly flowing into the system through the relief : valve. When running, I get about 8 lbs pressure. There : is no trace of a leak in the floor or outside the house. : The floor is a concrete slab. : QUESTIONS: : 1. How can I find the leak? : 2. Is there a good sealer like for auto radiators? : 3. Any suggestions???? Please let me know if you are still having problems and I may be able to help . : Thanks very much: Kirk Gibson (no, not that one!)

Participant

Dear Kirk,I hope by now you have been able to fix your problem, but if you havent I am experienced with these particular problems with floor heating systems. Let me know if you need some advise.Wim

Participant

I am donig a report on Radiant hot water systems. I have been unable to find any information past the in the text book. If you have any information that I could use a would be very greatful. I no this isnt the right place.

Participant

Hi. My name is Shane EDilley, and I am a 14 year old student at River Ridge Middle School. I am doing a report about Radiant Hot Water for science class, and I was wondering if you could send me some information about it. Thanx.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This