replacing elements in the hot water tank

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives replacing elements in the hot water tank

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

i need to know how to safely replace the heating element in by electric water heater. I also need to know how to tell which element is out. I am a do it your self person and would appreciate any answers you can give me.thanks flo

Participant

: i need to know how to safely : replace the heating element in by : electric water heater. I also need : to know how to tell which element : is out. I am a do it your self : person and would appreciate any : answers you can give me. On electric �water heaters, they commonly have two heating elements that work in turns. �First the top element heats up the top of the tank, then power goes to the lower element. �If the lower element is out, only the top of the tank gets heated. �If the top element isnt working, there will be no hot water. � To replace a element, power the the heater must be off. Plumbers will sometimes disconnect the wire nuts at the top of the tank before proceeding. To check for a bad element requires a continuity test to see if it has resistance. . The instructions with the meter will tell how. If power is turned on before the tank is completely full, the elements can burn out in seconds. Make sure the water is running out of the taps for a bit before flipping the breaker backk on. � � � �Terry Love

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This