Banging hot water heater

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Banging hot water heater

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

What a great bulletin board you have. It is nice of you to share your knowledge.Here is my problem.My hot water heater makes loud banging noises when heating the water. What could cause this? The heater (Montgoery Wards) is about 7 years old.Thanks, Joe

Participant

: What a great bulletin board you have. It is nice of you to share your knowledge.: Here is my problem.: My hot water heater makes loud banging noises when heating the water. : What could cause this? : The heater (Montgoery Wards) is about 7 years old.: Thanks, : JoeHi, Joe!!!Noise in heaters is almost universally from calcium carbonate deposits from somewhat hard water (which every state has). It wont do much but scare you. Except it will cost a little more to heat thru the extra thickness of deposit. If the deposits tend to fall to the bottom, merely draining frequently ( once a year, min.) will get rid of most of the deposits. Good Luck!!!

Participant

My gas bill is exremely high. Is there a gas valve timer I can install to turn on & off the gave to the burner, not the pilot light?Thanks,Dave

Participant

: My gas bill is exremely high. Is there a gas valve timer I can install to turn on & off the gas to the : burner, not the pilot light?: Thanks,Dave

Participant

: What a great bulletin board you have. It is nice of you to share your knowledge.: Here is my problem.: My hot water heater makes loud banging noises when heating the water. : What could cause this? : The heater (Montgoery Wards) is about 7 years old.: Thanks, : Joe

Participant

: : What a great bulletin board you have. It is nice of you to share your knowledge.: : Here is my problem.: : My hot water heater makes loud banging noises when heating the water. : : What could cause this? : : The heater (Montgoery Wards) is about 7 years old.: : Thanks, : : Joe: : Hi, Joe!!!: : Noise in heaters is almost universally from calcium carbonate deposits from somewhat hard water (which every state has). It wont do much but scare you. Except it will cost a little more to heat thru the extra thickness of deposit. If the deposits tend to fall to the bottom, merely draining frequently ( once a year, min.) will get rid of most of the deposits. Good Luck!!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This