Septic/sump pump/ washing machine

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Septic/sump pump/ washing machine

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

We purchased a home in which the washing machine discharge (in basement) was being dumped into the drain well for the foundation (sump well). Upon inspection by the county they said washing machine discharge must go to septic. The quick solution was to route the sump well to the septic. Now washing machine discharge as well as foundation drainage is going into 1000 gal. septic. Also because the sump line is not vented we get the loud noise (gurgling) from one of the shower drains when the sump pump runs. Questions; Is pumping the foundation runoff into the septic OK? Or should a separate ejector well be used for the washing machine and the original sump well be converted back to foundation only and route back to ground surface discharge? If the foundation and washing machine drainage is OK going into the septic, any suggestions for eliminating the noise (connecting into the existing vent pipe is not really practical because of location)? Would an inline vent (something I saw at the Home Depot) work and be acceptable? Thanks for any Responses.

Participant

: We purchased a home in which the washing machine discharge (in basement) was being dumped into the drain well forI would recommend putting the foundation drain back to drain outside on the surface. The problem is you are probably overloading the septic system with this water. This may also be the cause of the noise in your shower. Drain the washing machine into the septic system via a laundry tray pump, purchase an inexpensive fiberglass laundry tub for the washer to drain into then attach the pump under the tub and pipe to the septic system. Should do the trick.Ken

Participant

John Thomas is a sweet lil boi

Participant

John Thomas is a sweet lil boi

Participant

I have machines to cut marble, the diamond blades that do the cutting are bathe in water at all times, the runoff of the water is a mix of water with marble powder that is discharged to a pool. The heavy sediment (heavy milky water-marble powder) sets to the botton of the pool, which has to be cleaned manually when it is filled. I would like to know if there is a pump that would empty the heavy fluid….and then be properly disposed.I would appreciate any suggestions.Eduardo

Participant

: Thanks for your response, its probably the most reasonable suggestion Ive received on this topic. : Three followup questions; : 1.Is a laundry tray pump is a specfic type of pump? : 2.Are they generally available in the Home Improvement stores? : 3.Do you think this solution will be acceptable to the inspectors or : pass health code requirements? I guess the original problem was because the washer discharge is considered : waste water from the health departments perspective.: : : : We purchased a home in which the washing machine discharge (in basement) was being dumped into the drain well for: : : : I would recommend putting the foundation drain back : : to drain outside on the surface. The problem is you : : are probably overloading the septic system with this : : water. This may also be the cause of the noise in your : : shower. Drain the washing machine into the septic system : : via a laundry tray pump, purchase an inexpensive : : fiberglass laundry tub for the washer to drain into : : then attach the pump under the tub and pipe to the : : septic system. Should do the trick.: : Ken

Participant

: : : Thanks for your response, its probably the most reasonable suggestion Ive received on this topic. : : Three followup questions; : : 1.Is a laundry tray pump is a specfic type of pump? : : 2.Are they generally available in the Home Improvement stores? : : 3.Do you think this solution will be acceptable to the inspectors or : : pass health code requirements? I guess the original problem was because the washer discharge is considered : : waste water from the health departments perspective.: : : : : : We purchased a home in which the washing machine discharge (in basement) was being dumped into the drain well for: : : : : : I would recommend putting the foundation drain back : : : to drain outside on the surface. The problem is you : : : are probably overloading the septic system with this : : : water. This may also be the cause of the noise in your : : : shower. Drain the washing machine into the septic system : : : via a laundry tray pump, purchase an inexpensive : : : fiberglass laundry tub for the washer to drain into : : : then attach the pump under the tub and pipe to the : : : septic system. Should do the trick.: : : Ken In Indiana most of the washers drain into a Subpump pit and then the pump pumps it into the sewage system. In Ohio and West virginia it drains into a Grey water system which is basically a 55 gallon drum filled with gravel in a pit and covered sometimes in a community they do this to prevent to much water getting into the septic tank. Sometimes they are shared by a neighbor. Investigation and repair of this system may be vital to the proper plumbing flow of the showers sinks and others items sometimes only the toilet and the tub drain into the septic tank and the rest of these into the gray water system. Sometimes its best to look for the problem then let the -pros fix it.

Participant

: I have machines to cut marble, the diamond blades : that do the cutting are bathe in water at all times, : the runoff of the water is a mix of water with : marble powder that is discharged to a pool. The : heavy sediment (heavy milky water-marble powder) : sets to the botton of the pool, which has to be : cleaned manually when it is filled. I would like : to know if there is a pump that would empty the : heavy fluid….and then be properly disposed.: I would appreciate any suggestions.: Eduardo

Participant

: I have machines to cut marble, the diamond blades : that do the cutting are bathe in water at all times, : the runoff of the water is a mix of water with : marble powder that is discharged to a pool. The : heavy sediment (heavy milky water-marble powder) : sets to the botton of the pool, which has to be : cleaned manually when it is filled. I would like : to know if there is a pump that would empty the : heavy fluid….and then be properly disposed.: I would appreciate any suggestions.: Eduardo

Participant

We installed a humidifier unit onto our furnace in the early part of the week. This morning we had a huge pool of water above the drain in the basement. It must have overflowed after our water softener went through its cycle. Whn I turn the pump on it stays on for a few seconds and then trips the breaker. What should I do, because I cannot run our furnace, softner etc..?

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This