Basement Bathroom “venting”

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Basement Bathroom “venting”

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Avatar photoComplete Plumbing Services

We purchased our house in August 1995. Our local village inspectors are demanding that we tear up our bathroom immediately because the plumbing is not being vented properly acccording to our local plumbing code. In starting my research into this issue, I have determined that the plumbing work in question was performed in the early 1980s. I am fighting this ruling because of the cost (estimates have ranged from $2,500 to $3,000)and because of priciple- all local plumbing professionals agree that this demand is ridiculous and they wouldnt tear up their OWN bathromm to make this modification. The bathroom works great and has for as long as I can tell through conversations with prior owners. Right now the bathroom is being wet vented. Through research and conversations with plumbers (independent of my local political-minded village inspectors)- there is no safety or health hazard that our current plumbing represents and the cost of doing the job makes this a frivolous demand. Please provide me with your professional opinion/advice on this situation. We are just a young couple trying to make ends meet and not let our village take advantage of us through this claim to tear up our bathroom basement at this time. Thank you in advance for taking your time in this situation.Sincerely,Rich DuSatko

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This