Banging Radiators

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Banging Radiators

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Avatar photoSRINIVASAN VENKATARAMAN

I live in an apartment in Manhattan, New York. My radiators are constantly banging, hissing, gurgling, etc. I wont get much help from the building people re: the boiler. I wonder if there is anything I can do to get some peace and quiet and keep the heat coming.

Participant

: I live in an apartment in Manhattan, New York. : My radiators are constantly banging, hissing, gurgling, : etc. I wont get much help from the building people : re: the boiler. I wonder if there is anything : I can do to get some peace and quiet and keep the heat : coming.David, good afternoon, does not sound too good and I bet it is very very cold, or it looks that way from the news here in Australia. On the radiator system that you have I think that it is most likely an integral part of the whole system and as such there is not too much thta you can do as an individusl. However having said that there is a little valve on the top or side of the heater there is a safety valve from which you might drain some of the water, just to perhaps release a little air, which may be part of the rattle that is occuring ion your flat. Most likely the cause is in the boiler room where there is plumbing that needs replacing or adjusting or even a valve to take some of the pressure fluctions that mya be occuring in the total system. Thougt I would share this with you. Regards Colin Dunn

Participant

: : I have a 93 Caviler and I can stick my finger though the radiator. Do i need a new one or can it be repaired?

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This