Re piping hot and cold water lines

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Re piping hot and cold water lines

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Presently have water pipes below house slab and continualy get leaks. Proposal is to re pipe the house in the space above the ceiling. Not to use copper pipes. What are the recommended or approved types of piping other than copper. Thank you.

Participant

: Presently have water pipes below house slab and continualy get leaks. : Proposal is to re pipe the house in the space above the ceiling. : Not to use copper pipes. What are the recommended or : approved types of piping other than copper. Thank you.Jack, good afternoon I hope this note finds you well. I would suggest that you contact your local water authority or check with a consumer body with your State and ask the same question. Here in Australia we have a range of pipes that we are using at the moment which are approved for our use but may not be ok for use in your State. However I would suggest that you ask the question and in particular about polybutelene type pipes. It may be that you have to avoid a particular product and go for one which is a cross polymer or one that is recommended by the Local Plumber. There is a very good range of product on the market know which can cope with pressure up to 300 pounds and temperatures up to 8o degrees celcius. Do some research if you can it will pay off.Stainless Steel is another option that perhaps you could investigate. Regards Colin Dunn.

Participant

: Presently have water pipes below house slab and continualy get leaks. : Proposal is to re pipe the house in the space above the ceiling. : Not to use copper pipes. What are the recommended or : approved types of piping other than copper. Thank you.Do you have reverse osmosis water? I am also from Florida and our RO companys water was eating our copper pipes. We have replumbed with CPVC and were able to get help from the FPSC in making the company properly post treat their corrosive RO water with polyphosphate known as Aquamag.

Participant

: : Presently have water pipes below house slab and continualy get leaks. : : Proposal is to re pipe the house in the space above the ceiling. : : Not

Participant

: : Presently have water pipes below house slab and continualy get leaks. : : Proposal is to re pipe the house in the space above the ceiling. : : Not to use copper pipes. What are the recommended or : : approved types of piping other than copper. Thank you.: Jack, : good afternoon I hope this note finds you well. I would suggest that you contact your local water authority or check with a consumer body with your State and ask the same question. Here in Australia we have a range of pipes that we are using at the moment which are approved for our use but may not be ok for use in your State. : However I would suggest that you ask the question and in particular about polybutelene type pipes. : It may be that you have to avoid a particular product and go for one which is a cross polymer or one that is recommended by the Local Plumber. : There is a very good range of product on the market know which can cope with pressure up to 300 pounds and temperatures up to 8o degrees celcius. : Do some research if you can it will pay off.Stainless Steel is another option that perhaps you could investigate. : Regards : Colin Dunn. Can anyone tell me why polybutelene pipes have been banned in the US? I have polybutelene pipes and the water has a dreadful taste nearest the closest pipes to the hot water service. Is this normal with these pipes? Are there any recorded health problems from their use?

Participant

: : Presently have water pipes below house slab and continualy get leaks. : : Proposal is to re pipe the house in the space above the ceiling. : : Not to use copper pipes. What are the recommended or : : approved types of piping other than copper. Thank you.: Do you have reverse osmosis water? I am also from : Florida and our RO companys water was eating our : copper pipes. We have replumbed with CPVC and were able to get help from the FPSC in making the company properly post treat their corrosive RO water with polyphosphate known as Aquamag.

Participant

: Presently have water pipes below house slab and continualy get leaks. : Proposal is to re pipe the house in the space above the ceiling. : Not to use copper pipes. What are the recommended or : approved types of piping other than copper. Thank you.Dear sirs; our company relines existing pipes in place with a NSF-61 epoxy diameters 1/2 to 6 inches safe, fast and the epoxy guards against any future corrosion Steve Yehle CORE Pipe Relining Inc

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This