Dishwasher discharge line

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Dishwasher discharge line

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I am installing a new kitchen sink. My existing sink has a air vent on the dishwasher discharge line. The output side of the air vent goes to the garbage disposal. My question is Does my dishcharge line off the dishwasher require a air vent if I run it to the garbage disposal? If so, why?

Participant

: I am installing a new kitchen sink. My existing sink has a air vent on the dishwasher discharge line. The output side of the air vent goes to the garbage disposal. My question is Does my dishcharge line off the dishwasher require a air vent if I run it to the garbage disposal? If so, why?Richard, good morning to you and a happy new year. In relation to your dishwashing machine I am not familiar with an air vent as part of the outlet line. but can I tell you that the dishwashing machines that I have fitted connect an unvented line from the discharge of the machine directly into the garbage dispenser, that is a unit fitted to the outlet of the sink and is in itself opent to the atmosphere and is so vented. Unless i am missing some regulation common to the States. If in doubt ask the local plumber, hardware store or water authority. Regards Colin Dunn

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This