tub surround

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives tub surround

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

is it possible to add a tub surround over tile or does the tile have to be removed first.some of the tile has fallen off.

Participant

: is it possible to add a tub : surround over tile or does the : tile have to be removed : first.some of the tile has : fallen off.Hello Pat, It is possible to use Liquid Nails to bond fiberglass surround panels to tile. This is not the best way though. The thing to do is cut out the existing tile to expose the wall studs. Then put up a cement based backer board, this is 100% water resistant, then install your choice of surround; fiberglass, culture marble, or tile. Please feel free to contact me at 803 236 1593 S.C. Carolina Bathtub Repair

Participant

I presently have a surround bathtub in my upstairs bathroom. I have been living in my home for twenty years and the tub really needs to be replaced. We had a contractor come in to look at it. He told us he would have to cut a hole in the ceiling below to complete the installation and that he would repair the ceiling, etc. Im wondering is it necessary to do this. Also would an enamel tub be better to replace it with than another surround?

Participant

Please feel free to contact me at 803 236 1593 S.C. Carolina Bathtub Repair I have a 5 1/2 foot whirlpool tub that I used tile to surround; I would like to change it to a less maintenance tub surround; I am having a hard time finding a 5 1/2 surround; can you recommend any manufacture?? Thanks.

Participant

John Thomas is a sweet lil boi

Participant

: : : is it possible to add a tub : : : surround over tile or does the : : : tile have to be removed : : : first.some of the tile has : : : fallen off.: : Hello Pat, It is possible to use Liquid Nails to bond fiberglass surround panels to tile. This is not the best way though. The thing to do is cut out the existing tile to expose the wall studs. Then put up a cement based backer board, this is 100% water resistant, then install your choice of surround; fiberglass, culture marble, or tile. Please feel free to contact me at 803 236 1593 S.C. Carolina Bathtub Repair: : Can you inform me where I can buy a tub surround with the color Autumn Gold? My old tub surround was purchased to match my new America Standard tub and now needs replacement because of discoloration over time.You can have a surround made from laminate. Find a lamante color or pattern that works best for you. Your local home improvement center should be able to get a 1 pc surround made for you. They can be 60 x 120 or 60 x 144. In the Seattle area they run around $ 130.00 to 160.00.Gary B.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This