Fireplace Gas Connection

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Fireplace Gas Connection

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

On the right outside wall of my fireplace I have a square opening where a key fits in to turn on the gas to my fake log fireplace. When I turn the fireplace on and get my nose close to the keyhole I can smell gas (faintly). There is only a round chrome coverplate with this square opening. Is there anyway I can get at this connection to tighten up the fitting? Its confusing because other than this coverplate everything else is enclosed in brick!

Participant

: On the right outside wall of my fireplace I have : a square opening where a key fits in to turn on the : gas to my fake log fireplace. When I turn the fireplace : on and get my nose close to the keyhole I can smell : gas (faintly). There is only a round chrome coverplate : with this square opening. Is there anyway I can : get at this connection to tighten up the fitting? : Its confusing because other than this coverplate : everything else is enclosed in brick! This chrome plate is there to cover the hole in the floor; it should be removable. If so, you may find a packing nut loated on the valve body that you may need to tighten to stop this gas leak. If you dont find a packing nut, Id have someone from the gas company or a certified plumber repair or replace this shut off.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This